Hoarder

Options
katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 2. Jul 2011, 11:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anyone seen that programme on reality?its called Hoarders?well i think im a book hoarder as today i tried to part with a few and got very emotional and just couldnt do it lol,trouble is i have nearly 300 and my house is not very big lol....

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Love that programme ; I am now the opposite of hoarder , when we moved 5 years ago it was from a 5 bedroom 3 floors home to our little 2 bedroom ground floor flat . I am now manic about being uncluttered and throw away anything we've not used for a year ! Jillyb
  • katknapp
    Options
    oh im manic about chucking everyone elses clutter but no one is allowed to touch my books lol :grin:
  • charrisse
    charrisse Member Posts: 89
    Options
    I confess to being somewhat of a hoarder but nothing like those in the prog!!
    My flat is neat and tidy and spotless 80% of the time. My hoarding is all neatly packed away in boxes which are clearly marked with the contents. I have materials that are to be used for either taking up doll making as I used to do them, or quilt making, patchwork or anything else that takes me...
    Then there are numerous curtains, unwanted presents and the like which I keep meaning to advertise on Ebay... Shoes that I used to wear in my younger years and which I adore and will NEVER throw away! and so on.
    The last time I gave something to a charity shop which I really struggled to do, - about 3 weeks later I wanted to use it!! :mrgreen:
    All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd
  • katknapp
    Options
    I have recently disposed of some old cooking books, a very painful experience but they had to go, I have so many. I was particulary fond of one which told you how to cook larks Apparently you had to net your larks just before dawn, you had your game keeper place long nets in the apple orchards then have cook place 2 dozen larks in boiling water for a minute or two to help remove the feathers
    I said it was old!

I actually have some of my great nans cookbooks with some lovely recipes such as boiled sheeps head,brains and tongue needless to say i have never used it but again i could never part with it lol,i do give things regulary to charity although mainly i use freecycle but its normally the rest of the famillies belongings lol NEVER MY BOOKS!
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    I don't DO clutter, and I've trained my hubby and daughters to be the same. If it's NOT:

Beautiful
    Useful
    Seriously Sentimental

Then we get rid of it by selling it, giving it to charity, recycling it or throwing it away. I share most of my books out with my friends and work colleagues (we have a free reading corner at work) and I give away all my magazines in the same way. Apart from a few well loved ones.

But we're all different. I have friends who love their cluttered houses and who am I to judge?? As long as it's all clean(ish) and you're not living in squalor like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-12209740

Nxx
  • kneegirl
    kneegirl Member Posts: 492
    Options
    I sell bits and pieces on ebay
    event.png
  • charrisse
    charrisse Member Posts: 89
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I have recently disposed of some old cooking books, a very painful experience but they had to go, I have so many. I was particulary fond of one which told you how to cook larks :shock: Apparently you had to net your larks just before dawn, you had your game keeper place long nets in the apple orchards then have cook place 2 dozen larks in boiling water for a minute or two to help remove the feathers :shock:
    I said it was old!
    THAT is soo funny... :lol: .. really had a good laugh, brightened my day no-end!
    All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!

Birthday - AUGUST 22nd
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    My Motto It might come in handy some day So no chucking out :evil :evil
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I admit to being a hoarder but wish I wasnt. As soon as I do pluck up the courage to throw anything out.....you can be sure that a few weeks after that......I'm looking for it or something like it :lol:

Love
    Hileena