Happy Fathers Day...

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 1. Jul 2011, 16:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just wanted to wish all the Dads out there a happy Fathers Day...
I'm pleased as I got to see Toni, her & Chris are up here till tomorrow.

I'm a tad drowsy at the minute so I'd someones already put a similar post up then apologies..

I hope that all of the Dads on here are having a move day. To some today is just another excuse for Clintons etc to rake in more cash from the gullible. Having said that, I do always get mi old man a card..

Am I waffling? Sorry..

Lol

e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I forgot to mention the humongous bar of toblerone.. That was my bit of breakfast sorted out...
    And dinner, ooooh, it's teatime... Haha
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Took dad out yesterday to a nursery and meal out. He is getting forgetful so gets panicky. It was hard getting him to realise he was shopping for plants for himself and getting him to choose he was more paniced about rain and getting wet where my hubby and daughter were as they went to look at separate things and did not stay with us at all times. I had to explain i was paying for his plants a gift for fathers day. I think he enjoyed some parts of day and seemed more happy at home planting his new plants in garden. It is sad to see him like this. nice to hear about your fathers days from joanne
    Joanne
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I left a special message for my dad on Facebook, I do the same every year as he is now passed away. But dont worry I'm ok about it, just like to remember dad on this day.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    yesterday went to steves dads took chocolate covered fudge dolly mixtures and card today i went to(steve was at work) mine took him a hanging basket with op and all he not been able to sort his was lovely to spend time with them
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I have always found Fathers Day to be very special, my daughter who I love and care for was good enough to give me 3 wonderful grandchildren, the best present a father could ever receive. Each Fathers Day they come around to deliver love and laughter, you can't ask for more than that I suppose
    Thats so true Rehab.....Iv got a tear in my eyes..
    Love
    Barbara
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Sorry it's a bit belated everyone. My girls made their dad a card and got him some solar lights for the garden and a little trophy which says "Super Daddy" - which he's very proud of, even if he won't admit it. We didn't "do" anything special as he went to work!

I went round to see my dad and gave him one of those mini green houses - you know, it's a set of shelves with a plastic cover and zip to cover everything... forget what they're called. He announced that he's very pleased with it but won't use it tille next year because it's too late for seedlings now :D Got him a card too and had a cup of tea with him.

Hope you're all well
    Nxx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Wish I could have one Our only son and his mother are at daggers drawn It is really horrible to be caught in between two people you love dearly but hate each other Sorry to moan but sometimes I just have to let it out :oops: :oops:
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Oh Tonesp, how awful for you all. I can't imagine not seeing my dad :roll: No chance of a reconciliation?

Nxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    How awful to be caught in the middle and life is so short. I can only hope someone hands out the olive branch soon.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tones please dont apologise for having a moan, its the first one we have heard of you
    Im so sorry to hear about the troubles in your family, like Elizabeth says hopefully very soon someone will see sense,
    You take care
    Sending you lots of hugs ((((())))
    Love
    Barbara