My own fault....

Options
Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
edited 25. Jun 2011, 08:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yup,
Totally self inflicted...I was warned not to take on too much but, I hate admitting defeat :sad: my other unaspirated knee has decided to swell today :???: so 2 hot sore podgy knees :sad:
I've only 2 more weeks of Childminding baby Florence and I'll do it because I made a commitment to and also, I've LOVED looking after her and working :grin: it's not going to be easy with 2 knees strapped up and a walking stick but where there's a will there's a way.
I'm organising my youngest son's Confirmation party for next Sunday and ive also taught his confirmation class, so I guess I'm not surprised Arfur's playing up.
It's only my 2nd wk of being back on 20mg methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Celebrex and pred 20mg, I guess it'll take a while to build back up again :?: Oh sorry guys for the moan, I thought I was doing so well :!: wish me luck for the Confirmation and Childminding the next 2 weeks, I'll keep going as long as I can. Roll on 8th July when I start my new anti TNF Golimumab :lol:
Thanks everyone and sorry if I've bored you to tears :???: I've just got to get this all down....hubby is not happy and warned me not to take more on my plate but did I listen? So I can't say anything as I know I'll get the 'I told you so's, and I so don't need it right now.
Thanks again my friends, wishing you all a painfree week xxx
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

No Tilsit you so's, no serves you right and just endless support and hopes it gets easier. Not bored either :wink:

leaving you a ((((( ))))), a hope and a make the day easier draft.... i been living on them :lol: Well done by the way! Love Cris xxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We all do it, not listen and do things we know we have payback on. And you are doing something that you really love doing. I will be thinking of you the next couple of weeks,regarding your child minding and arranging your son's confirmation party. Sending you big hugs.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi poppy

Just admiration from me for you. You haven't let your friend down and you are organising a special event.
    Both of which are important to you.

All I can say is please rest when you can and I hope the knees don't get too unbearable.

Please take care
    Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    I really do admire you , even though you must be suffering you havent let anyone down,what a good friend you are, and I hope that your sons confirmation goes to plan...I am sure it will.
    Good luck with it all.
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Poppy, of course we're not bored. I think many of us here can relate to the 'husband told me not to but I did so can't expect any sympathy there' thing. They want the best for us but can't always see beyond the physical. Sometimes we all need to push our physical limits in order to convince ourselves we're still the same person underneath.

Having said that, you really have taken on a lot (what with baby and confirmation party) at a difficult time for you. I hope it all goes as well as possible for all of you. Please feel free to let off steam here. No recriminations, just support and unmderstanding.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    No" told you sos" from me either ! Sometimes it's necessary to overdo things to teach yourself what your limits are ! Enjoy all the wonderful things you're doing and rest as much as possible when you can do so . Jillyb
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    poppy it only a case of head says yes body likes to show head who boss good on you for doing it i am always doing what i should not but do feel so proud of myself when i manage each task so go for it girl you can rest after val
    val
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Poppy, don't beat yourself over it, Hope the pain eases and here's a big ((HUG)) from me. Take care.xx
  • penny44
    penny44 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Poppy dont be so hard on yourself arthur takes so much from us sometimes we have to make a stand for our own self worth. I hope the next couple of weeks go quickly and your soon feeling better. If you need to let off steam you know where we are.
    Take care
    Penny x
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Thankyou Thankyou everyone :grin: it's so nice to just let off steam!
    I'm just back from gp's as when I had my physio this morning they recommended I go get the other knee aspirated. Which is what I've just had done :???:
    Going to rest up now and hopefully be ok for Wednesday.
    Had to laugh (snort behind my hand :smile: ) we're in the clinic and hubby says 'it's because she's being doing too much isn't it?' to which my lovely physio replied 'No, there's no rhyme or reason to Arthritis, the knee could have swollen anyway regardless' I kept a straight face promise :lol::lol:
    Bless him, he is lovely and I know he cares but, I've got to find out for myself my limitations and if you don't try how do you know?
    Well, I'm sore and off to bed now guys but thanks again for listening Xxxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • Chinup
    Chinup Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi poppyg1rl

Sorry to hear you are suffering with your knees, you have a lot on in the next couple of weeks, hope all goes well, and your next lot of treatment works well for you :P, I know hubbys mean well, sometimes you just dont admit they were right lol. your a fighter take care x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Poppy, I'm a bit concerned that we might have married the same bloke!

Bless that physio!

Hope the aspiration works well.
    Steven Wright
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Oh sticky wicket ..you do make me laugh!

Hope the aspiration works for you poppy girl.

Marion x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you do have to learn your own limits it does not help that arther moves the line when ever he feels like it one day you can do something the next arther bites when you do it do not give up on oh it lovely that he cares so much much better than not giving a toss hope today a better day val
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Poppy

Sorry, only just seen this thread and wanted to say that I am thinking of you.

Loads of love and ((()))s

Tilly xxx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just to update, am on antibiotics as my aspirated elbow developed an infection :sad: had to give up baby Floence as cannot work, really 'fluey' with this infection.
    Still glad I did what I could and would do it again! I never learn :lol::lol:
    I've been in bed recovering I'm slowly getting there.
    Was very, very weepy and scared as didn't know what was wrong with me, elbow was 'leaking' so hubby took me to GP, he knew what it was straight away also checked my recent bloods and white blood count is low so back off metho and sulfa for this week till finish antibiotics, total bed rest ordered and I've been a good girl and delegated party organising to my sister and my best friends, who are doing a great job.
    Thanks for your support guys, ive been trying to explain what arthritis does to you mentally to my family an friends, but you guys KNOW, and it means so much to have your help and advice.
    Thankyou everyone xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Poppy, you'll never die wondering 'what if'. I think you were very brave to go for the child-minding of baby Florence but clearly you can't continue.

I can understand the scared and weepy bit. Of course you were.

I do hope the antibiotics sort things out quickly and you manage to have a lovely day at the confirmation.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    Options
    Morning poppy

Just checking up on you, to see how you are.

Sorry that your elbow developed an infection and that you are back on antibiotics. I hope with lots of rest you soon recover.
    It is a shame you had to stop the child minding and you did well to do it for as long as you did , but, it must have been so hard for you and your health comes first. I am pleased that you have also delegated the party celebrations to your sister. Now you can rest and get well so that you can enjoy the celebration.

Take care
    Get well soon
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning gorgeous, how's things today? I hope the anti-bios are kicking in, it is a risk we face with every aspiration and unluckily for you it's happened. Let's hope skipping the meth etc helps your system fire up and fight back, but not with too much PA (just because it can). Dammit, ain't our lives complicated sometimes? And un-necessarily so. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Poppy
    hope the aspiration worked........I think most of us can recognise your husband....we've all got them :lol: Bless them they are supportive but as you say you have to find your own limitations......some people would just sit back and say I cant do it......i would rather try and do it then suffer {and moan on here :lol: } then try to be more careful the next time

Love
    Hileena
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Just popping in to see how you are doing today. I do hope the anti-biotics are making you feel more comfortable now, and remember what you said that total bed rest for you.

I do hope that you start feeling better soon. Sending you hugs of comfort.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Hi all,
    Anti biotics seem to be working and ive slept and slept :shock: I'm feeling more 'normal' rather than feeling like my body was possessed by some kind of alien :lol::lol:
    I'm tentatively sifting through various bits and pieces for Sundays party, I'll get my knuckles rapped if I take on anything though so being sensible for once, my main worry will be the weather :???: positive thoughts for a good fine day please :smile: not sure how I'll accommodate 50+ guests otherwise :???: although a friend is lending me her gazebo.
    I also got a bouquet of lillys and roses from baby Florence today as a thankyou for looking after her :grin:
    I got a call from healthcare at home today to say they are dropping my injections off next tuesday :smile: although it's not Golimumab it's enbrel, Rheumy says with my reaction to Humira she was worried about giving me Golimumab because of the dosage strength. So enbrel here I come :lol:
    Love and hugs to You all my friends xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi poppy

I am popping iin now as I am going away for a few days tomorrow.
    Just wanted to say I hope sunday goes well and the weather stays dry.
    I am pleased too that your foot is getting better.
    And what a lovely surprise the flowers must have been

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    You sound great but take it easy and have a good day on Sunday

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning Poppy, it's good to hear you sounding brighter. Enbrel eh? I hope it works a darn sight better for you than it did for me. I wonder in what form it will materialise? I had to phanny about with little phials, shake stuff, wait for it to clear, ye gods, if I wanted to play Emergency Ward 10 I woulda become a flaming doctor! :smile: I think it can come as a pre-loaded pen, similar to that ghastly burgundy/grey combo whose name-shall-never-more-be-mentioned (sshhhhhhh - Voldemort). I wish you well with it anyhoo, here's to a better and brighter future for you. I hope Sunday goes well too - let everyone else do the running about, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben