UPDATE ON MY GASTRO APPOINTMENT

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 22. Jun 2011, 15:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Just an update on my apointment.
Have to have a Colonscopy and a Gastroscopy...on the same day, a fortnight on Wed......Oh Joy!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Well thats about it apart from all the gory details I'll leave to your vivid imaginations :lol::lol:
Love
Hileena

Comments

• kneegirl
    kneegirl Member Posts: 492
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Hileena

Hope they go ok and that they find nothing to worry about.

xx
    event.png
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    :shock:

I'll be in your pocket, promise. I am sure this is for the best - yes, it will be uncomfortable (I am mistress of the understatement!) - can they sedate you at all? Would you prefer that? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Apparently I have no choice about sedation....if i was only getting the throat one done it could be a spray or an injection.......the other end :eek: I think its the injection or nothing......but with both being done at the same time was TOLD be I was being sedated.
    Appt is 2.30pm been told I must have someone with me for 24 hours ....so 2.30 the following day........ and the usualy instructions about not driving, not having a bath unsupervised :???: and not signing anylegal documents :???: And there was me going to make my wil that day :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

I will be jumping into your pocket, don.t worry it's not to bad on either of the procedures, sending you big hugs, just make sure you remind me. I have a brain like a fish at the moment.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Hileena

I will be ready for pocket duty but you may have to remind me :smile:

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Will be in your pocket,but excuse me if I keep my eyes closed!!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Karen Julie and Ron,
    Thanks for your support.....and Ron ...no dont mind at all if you keep your eyes closed :lol::lol:

Lo ve
    Hileena
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi Hileena,
    Just to say good luck with the appointment in a fortnight.
    More poking and prodding!!!!!
    Take care, will be with you
    xx
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    good luck I've had endoscopys as I suffer from stomach ulcers and erosions, is that like a gastroscopy, the numbing spray feels so wierd its tastes like hot bananas the first time i had it done I was with 5 others all elderly people as the Dr came round saying to each of them you are fine no problems I started getting ready to leave, but she got to me and said ah Michelle ( you just know dont you ???) why me the youngest !!!!, but good luck hunni you will be fine lets hope its worth having it all donea nd you get some good news Michelle
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

I've had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done at the same time. I was sedated and it was fine. It'll be over very quickly,

Magenta xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Lily Lavendar Lady and Magenta,
    I dont think there will be any numbing spray :lol: just the sedation so no hot bananas for me :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Hiya i had endoscopy and colonscopy last june, had endoscopy before so knew what to expect, had the sedation.... wasnt aware of the camera going down my throat, nor did i know they were going in my bum at same time, lol was blissfully unaware xxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I've had both, Hileena, though not at the same time. I had a GA for the first endoscopy. When the nurse offered me a cup of tea I asked her if she shouldn't do the endoscopy first. urned out they already had!

With the colonoscopy you can watch on screen. You can't feel anything because I don't think there are any nerve endings there.

I found the hardest part of both was swilling all the liquid the day before.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well the main problem I'm having now is it is 2 weeks away....I think I mentioned that .....as well as arthur I have sprained my sacro illiac joint according to the GP and to the hospital consultant.......no one knows how but anyway thats absolute agony.
    I was on codeine for this until it cleared.......well the gastro consultant took me off it {I assume its because of the constipation fact} well I've had 2 days off it and I can hardly move and the thought of 2 weeks tomorrow.....getting through that.... :sad: the mind boggles. I think I'm going to put myself back on them.......I'm taking 2 tonight {15mg each} going to bed and then I see this new GP tomorrow so we'll see what she has to say or is there anything else I can use for a while.
    By the way my appointment with her is at 7.30am ye gods!!!!!! didnt think docs worked at that time :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    The gastro consultant took me off some meds before the procedure....mainly the codeine. Its 2 weeks today until i have to have that and after 2 days without the codeine......this sprain i have is pure agony......It actually has me crying. I checked with the ne GP the other day and was told Oh yes we have your notes from your other GP so had an appointment for 7.30am this morning. No notes had arrived so had to tell her as much as i could in that 10 mins allotted...I majored on the pain at the moment and asked was there anything else instead of the codeine.......what does she do? Takes me off the diclofenic {which was OK} and puts me on naproxen...so swaps one nsaid for another but doesnt give me anything to replace the codeine :x
    Got the naproxen from the chemist this morning and was about to take one to see if it gave any relief {didnt take the diclofenic} and decided to read the noteswhich i never do....one of the things....dont take if you are taking meds for epilepsy!!!!!! wonderful.....I am.....well stablised....nothing for the past 30 years but still have to take the meds so I'm not taking ny chances.....tried to get her on the phone and she was in surgery ....will ring you back I was told. that was at 9.45 Its now 11pm and no sign of her yet......Another fe mins and i'm going to take the diclofenic I should have had at 9am and some codeine....Sorry for the rant
    Love
    Hileena
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    think I would have asked the pharmacy if it was ok to take it, I've noticed on occasion a problem with taking a medication normally thyroid or ulcer problems which I have both, lifes never smooth running is it ? michelle
  • hileena111
    edited 22. Jun 2011, 11:01
    Options
    Hi Lavender Lady
    I think I would normally have rung the pharmacy {I use them a lot} but nothing was normal about today......I was crying with the pain this morning......Got a reply from her at about 11.20pm so have taken one....she couldnt find any contraindications
    In theory the next one is 12 hours later....doubt if it'll be as late as that :lol:

Lov e
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning hileena

Good job you read the leaflet. I am normally like you and don't bother but just recently I have decided to check. I had some med that said dont take if on mtx. I too questioned this with gp. (don't think he was pleased) It did turn out to be ok and I could take the med afterall.

I hope you have had a phone call cause you sound to be in so much agony.
    Hope all works out in the end and you can take the new med

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

Oh they don't half mess us abut eh?!

I don't know if its the same but I have stuff that says don't take if your talking mtx...... they tell me its safe and I should just take it so there might be the same kind of overlap with yours?

I hope she has got back to you and you are in a lot, lot, lot, less pain.

I know I am late but will catch up on pm's in a min. Love and a ((((( ))))) with a cuppa, Cris xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Julie and Cris
    I always think if I dont have side effects before hand reading those leaflets would make you have them :lol::lol: Just with her not having my notes from my other doc made me check.
    Yes she eventully got back to me at 11.30am.....saw her at 7.30am, chemist didnt open until 9am so it was about 9.30am before I rang and left her a message....she checked it out and said there were no contraindications but it was better to be on the safe side {although I dont think she was pleased with me either :lol: }
    So I took it 4 and a half hrs ago....dont expect it to kick in.....only take 2 and they have to be 12 hours apart. We'll see what tomorrow brings pain wise...I have a double appointment with her but not until Friday week {long time if your in pain} to go over things again and she will chase my notes up. I'm not sure how long to give it but if I think its not working ....s*d it....I'm back on diclofenic and codeine until a couple of days before the procedure.

Love
    Hileena
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Hileena

So sorry you are in so much pain and that you had so much hassle with the docs. Really do hope the pills help you.

As for the Colonoscopy, Gastroscopy, will be thinking of you.

Love Tillyxxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    I've had my naproxen 1 at 11.30am.......not due one for 12 hrs now.
    Some paracetamol which I'm supposed to take and 2 codeine about 7pm.
    I know I know!!!!! :eek: the gastro bloke said no codeine but?????? why should i suffer? thats it until about 10.30pm and I'll take the next naproxen ...OK an hour early but who cares :grin:

Love
    Hileena