here I go again

Options
lavenderlady
lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
edited 22. Jun 2011, 06:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
went to our hospital for my first check up after my toe op on 18th May, yet again the wound is infected back on the dreaded anti biotics flucluxaclin or something like that, waited an hour for 1st blood test to check my cholesterol levels for my gp, then saw consultant about my op results, off to x ray and yet another blood test more waiting and waiting ugh ! back to Consultant my xrays show they removed all of the joint none could be used to make a good enough base for a wire fusion ( they were going to try this first)so had it all removed and a flat metal plate was put in connected with one big screw from the bottom to the top of the toe plus 2 smaller screws at the bottom of the plate, he saw my wrist xrays and details and said it looks like you have got yet another infection, got to go back friday to see him again, why me I wonder??? maybe being a type 2 diabetic doesnt help I wonder, after seeing my Gp friday I am now on Tramadol for the pain and prozac to help me cope with all my health problems and dealing with mum whos been diagnoised with dementia, got to keep going but sometimes life can be real ****, but I guess we all feel like this at times constant pain is so depressing luckly my gp understands, hges going to check if my symvastatin is making me ache so much if not hes going down the idea of fibro whats its name !!! LETS HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A STRESS AND PAIN FREE WEEK XX

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry about this, Lavenderlady. You've certainly had your problems. I imagine (from a medical knowledge of zero) that the repeated infections are indeed not helped by the diabetes but they are not uncommon after surgery for anyone. I had Flucoxacillin for 6 weeks after my knee revision and at least I had no side effects at all.

None of this will be helped by worry over your mother. I'm sorry it's so tough for you right now. It will get better but, meanwhile, keep us on board.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lavenderlady
    Options
    just had a shower and drying my big toe when I noticed a little black thread managed to get the blighter and out came a stitch, its not near the infected part so was no causing it I had the same anti biotics last year from Nov until end of January back on them yet again, luckly had some probiotic drinks ready to take,
    after busy day today I ache so much so tomorrow will be more relaxing am going to get stuck into a book, and chill, :smile:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh dear lavenderlady you seem to have hit a rough patch. I hope the antibiotics work this time.
    Enjoy your chill out day and your book and I hope you feel much better soon.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    just had a shower and drying my big toe when I noticed a little black thread managed to get the blighter and out came a stitch, its not near the infected part so was no causing it

Are you saying they'd left a stitch in, Lavenderlady? I hope not.

Hope you have a good 'chilling and reading' day today.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi Lavenderlady

by the heck lass you have a lot on :sad:

Still good to see you remain so positive.

I hope the antibiotics work a bit quicker than last time :shock: You may well be right about the diabetes having an effect.

I am sorry to hear about your Mum l know how hard it is to care for someone who is dependant on you....and you ahve enough to worry about so the prozac? probably essential :roll:

You take care and enjoy your chill while you can

Love

Toni xx
  • lavenderlady
    Options
    thankyou everyone for your advice yes they did leave a stitch in my foot hubby went a bit white when I showed him it lol
    the toe is looking a lot less swollen and red so anti biotics seem to be working got to see Consultant again friday will ask him if my other toe can be done in a year or so along with my ankle want some time out as 4 ops in 20 months is a lot for my poor old knackered body and brain to cope with,
    my docs all say I have the right attitude to my health problems but they dont see me crying in pain or feeling so down a long walk to no where seems the ideal thing, but talking to others who know exactly what you are feeling both in pain and my feelings is perfect, it helps so much I'd be so lost if I hadnt found this forum.
    think my Dr felt the prozac was the way to stop me going down hill after getting mums diagnosis of dementia think he felt it was one more problem too much for me to cope with, hes a great Dr so glad to have him thanks Michelle