lef or flare up ?

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 21. Jun 2011, 06:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello all,Just put computer on after having one hell of a week-end started on lef a week ago,friday evening was light headed and as sick as a pig by bedtime i was so stiff and and in so much pain,woke in the morning with a sore throat barely able to walk as feet hurt so much,started taking the anti-inflamatory and pain killers and left off taking the lef,phoned the clinic and left a message with nurse who called me back,shes not sure if it was the lef or a flare-up or a virus is going to talk to consultant and call me back tomorrow,in the meantime i am to leave off the lef and continue with the antis and pain killers.am a lot better today can get around without too much pai ,my husband has been a star.so fellow sufferers out there what do you all think it could have been?MIG

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mig, it could have been any of the things mentioned. I was on Leflunomide briefly but had what appeared to be a bad reaction to the flu jab (Difficulty breathing) which may or may not have been something to do with it. I was taken off it & put on MTX about 10 years ago.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    hi,lef is only my second drug,was on mtx had to come off that as i was sick all the time and down in the dumps with it,what about hot flushers are they usual with ra ?Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Never done hot flushes but I know some people get them with prednisolone - maybe with other meds too.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi mig

This is th 3rd time I have tried to post this :x

Sorry you are unwell at the moment . I hope tomorrows telephone consultation will give you an idea of what is causing you to feel so ill.

I have been on mtx and lef for well over ten years and they really do work for me.
    I do have hot spells for years and I have always blamed my meds. BUT i am now 48 and so it could well be my age too :roll:

I hope you feel well soon
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • mig
    Options
    Hi,Gone thru the menopause thing years ago(nearly 64) which is why i was thinking maybe it was ra or meds.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Many people with RA on here have reported problems with flushing, whether it is meds or RA connected I don't know: in my case definitely meds, it's a combination of the steroids and the humira (tho mostly the steroids, I think.) This sounds like a lef reaction to me, but having said that I have PA and my flares may be quite different to yours. I think I am in one at the moment, well, it's trying to come out but can't! I feel extra tired, stuff is hurting that usually doesn't, lethargic doesn't even begin to cover the lack of energy. I just feel ill.

These are strong meds and the body can (and does) react to them, but if you are able to see it through you may well find that the reactions settle down as your body adjusts, and that the lef is able to help more than it hinders. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    Hi,feeling a lot better today but knuckle on both index fingers are very sore,makes typing very difficult as i can only type with these two finger,have only been using a computer for about 4 years tried to learn to type but you know the old saying you cant teach an old dog new tricks .really appreciate all the feed-back,i will let everyone know when i get a call back.Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It will help if you can learn to use one or two other fingers to type with. You don't have to use the lot or 'type properly', just learn what suits you. It just spreads the pressure around a bit.
    Steven Wright