What have you done today in the lovely sunshine?

Options
kneegirl
kneegirl Member Posts: 492
edited 25. Jun 2011, 06:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
My Dad has taken me to Whitby, Sandsend, Goathland and a couple of shops on a shopping estate today. We've had a lovely day and the weather was perfect.

I have got a new pair of sandals to wear at my friends wedding evening do http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/producttype-is-sandals/colour-is-white/product-is-20343933

Also a few things from Marks and Spencer too.

My Dad rocks :-)
event.png

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    pottered in garden, painted planters sat and had half a cider in garden when got home from work val
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Lovely sunshine,lovely sunshine what lovely sunshine............ :?: :x :x
    Have had weeks and weeks of dry,sunny weather down here in Kent.Couldn't get out to enjoy it because of work!
    Since came out of hospital over 2 weeks ago it's bl**dy rained everday.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • kneegirl
    Options
    Blimy Pete you have been busy :-)

What are your plant pots like now they are painted Val?

You'll have to do a sundance Prefab :-)
    event.png
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    kneegirl wrote:
    Blimy Pete you have been busy :-)

What are your plant pots like now they are painted Val?

You'll have to do a sundance Prefab :-)

what with crutches........................ :?: Think I'll pour myself a single malt and drown my sorrows................. :grin:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Pegged out the washing which all dried :grin: Swept the drive as a freecycler took away top soil that we had advertised and we do not have to pay out for a skip so I am a happy bunny. This is the second lot of topsoil that has gone to a good home via freecycle. Looked after grandaughter for an hour or so. :grin: Baked a couple of malt loaves, admiring the garden in the sunshine from the kitchen.

Now it is raining. :eek:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kneegirl
    Options
    Sounds like a good day Elna - :-)
    event.png
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,937
    Options
    Hi Kneegirl.
    i'm sat at the computer writing on here also doing games of cards or a jigsaw.
    i have my foot in plaster up to my knee i have to hop everywhere so i cannot go out side i must on put any weight on
    my foot for 6 weeks i've done a fortnight.
    i hope everyone has a good day.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi PPPeter

I totally agree that some people use Freecycle as a business, collecting items and selling them at carboot sales etc. Like you say, they can be unreliable and not turn up after they said they would. We have not given away much and have not really been messed about. One lady put on her ad that if people did not talk politely on the phone to her the item would go to someone else. Good for her. :grin: There is a lot of I "want, need and must have" on Freecycle. We were very pleased to get rid of the topsoil though, saved us a few bob in not having to hire a skip. Also some of the things that people are getting rid of makes me laugh.

Sorry, I have an ancient Singer sewing machine but I keep it for the odd bit of sewing!

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    Lovely sunshine,lovely sunshine what lovely sunshine............ :?: :x :x
    Have had weeks and weeks of dry,sunny weather down here in Kent.Couldn't get out to enjoy it because of work!
    Since came out of hospital over 2 weeks ago it's bl**dy rained everday.
    Ron

Five days on and it's still rained every day............................ :sad: