Wimbledon

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 27. Jun 2011, 13:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
managed not to watch any of it so could not say for sure but if you say so i believe you val
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I love Wimbledon, these are the best two weeks of the year as far as I am concerned! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    DD, I'm with you. I love wimbledon. Always have done, I shall be upstairs this afternoon watching it. Hubby hates it, that's why I get sent upstairs, I don'tmind.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh rehab, you do make me laugh! I agree with you on nearly every point : I too hate the blazer brigade, can well understand why they have to have a pow-wow on roof closing (I can hear the harrumphing) but I watch the majority of the ladies with the sound turned down. I cannot bear the squeaks, squeals, shrieks etc, and as for the screaming of mesdames Williams: ghastly. Apart from when they let rip with almighty snorts and dump the ball in the net. Now that is funny. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You can take the girls outta Compton but you can't take Compton outta the girls. Bloody good game with KDK tho. I reckon VW will win, which willl be a shame. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yeah Im another that loves wimbledon....and so does my OH.....yesterday Serena was playing...and what does he come out with.....bloody hell she would crush you to death with those thighs... :eek: :eek: :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think that was one of the best girly matches I have ever seen and VW showed why she is the champion she is. It says much about the state of wonen's tennis that the Amazonian sisters can take so much time out/off and yet blast their way back in at the highest level - or does that only reflect their health, strength and athleticism? I cannot remember if they are in separate parts of the draw - if they are then it will be another W v W final. I miss Justine Henin. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I loved the jacket covered in tennis balls! The Williams sisters spend ages on their clothes and matching accessories but they would never come up with something like this,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    They are both out, Wozniaki (or however you spell it) too. How can she be rated World No1 when she ain't won anything notable, such as a slam? There is a dearth of real talent in the ladies at the moment - and yes, I meant tennnis talent. Mind you, they can all howl like banshees - perhaps that is the only skill one needs. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    tkachev wrote:
    The Williams sisters spend ages on their clothes and matching accessories ...

Designed by Stevie Wonder?

I did think of you when the commentator said the above!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein