ESA medical - advice from GP

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 21. Jun 2011, 17:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I rang my doctor yesterday to see if she'd heard anything about my last scan, she told me to remind her.

When she looked she found nothing and its over 2 weeks, she looked on the computer and found the scan and said that as far as she could see, it was OK. No obvious serious problems, but she said the doctor at the hospital would be the one to really tell what it said.
Today, I got a phone call at lunch time and the girl I spoke to said that they need me to see them and she gave me an appointment in mid July. I wonder if my GP had asked them what was happening? Anyway, I felt so down when I thought that the hospital had just left me with no proper report, but now I feel better about things.
I also talked to her about my reassessment and she said that I must go in and make sure they no what I can and can't do. No 'well sometimes I can do it' just a firm No. and let them know every time I feel pain during the examination loudly!!! :eek: I think she understands!
I said I didn't like to make a big fuss in frount of people and she said she knew that but, I must make sure I clearly let them know. Love Sue

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Sue

So glad your GP seems to understand and is supporting you with all this! She sounds like a really good ally! Really pleased too that you will get a proper follow up from the hospital so you know what's what.

Love Tilly xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    It really will make a big difference to have your GP on your side, and they are right, dont hold back, let them know how painful it is, just remember how important it is to you.
    We are all behind you, wishing you good luck with it all.
    Love
    Barbara
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Thank you very much. I am lucky to have my GP, I know, she's been a great help and seems to understand how hard things can be. I read some of the posts and remember some of the docs I've had in the past and that makes me realise how lucky I am. She had a year off ill a few years ago and she was greatly missed, not just me but others of her patients. Maybe thats what makes her understanding, although she was great with my awkward Mum in Law and used to pop in just to make sure we were managing, which really pleased a somewhat difficult old lady! Anyway, enough whittering on! Love Sue :wink: