Hugs please.

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
edited 27. Jun 2011, 03:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello Everyone.
I have just had to have my lovely little dog put to sleep. I had her when she was 7 weeks. she would have been 16 in November.
I am sorry to tell you all this but you are all so kind I thought it would help me.
Sue Joans sister.
take care
joan xx

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My heart goes out to you. I know what it's like to lose, really a member of the family. I can only say that your dog will always be with you and looking over you.

I am so sorry. :sad:

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Sue, I am so, so sorry. What a dreadful thing but please take comfort from the fact that your lovely companion and friend is now free from the distresses of age, after spending a wonderful lifetime with your care and love. I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cat75
    cat75 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    hi,
    i'm so sorry for your loss, just try to think of the things she did that made you smile. i know it's difficult.

catherine
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Loads of hugs and just think of all the wonderful times you had together. XXXXXXXX
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Hi Sue, been there had to do this, couldnt watch my lovely dogs go through anymore pain, you did the kindest thing you could God bless you xx

adding a poem, hope its ok?

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh joan I am so sorry for your loss

just want to send you hugs (((((())))))

Love Juliepf x
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    I'm so very sorry. Thinking of you xx (((((())))))
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Sue and Joan
    My heart really goes out to you, I think only real animals lover can understand the pain of losing your best friend.
    I know my little dog was my best friend,
    Sending all the hugs you need ((((((())))) and lots of love to go with them.
    Just take it one day at a time.....
    Love to both of you.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    So sorry your have lost your lovely companion and friend.
    You had lots of great times together you can look back on.
    Take care, Thinking of you.
    xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Sorry Sue I have only just seen this.

I am so sorry that you have lost your friend there but you did the right thing. i always think you do it because you love them and well i am thinking of you and leaving a ((((( ))))). Love Cris xx
  • dachshund
    Options
    THANKYOU everyone for your very kind thoughts. I feel a bit lost at the moment. to know that so many people are thinking of me is helping. everyone is so kind.
    thankyou. Sue.
    take care
    joan xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sorry bit late getting to this sue but feel for you have a good cry we will not mind then remember all the great times you had together (((hugs))) are here for you take care val
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I am sorry about your dog - they are part of the family, your little dog would have had a lovely life with you.....xx (bit lost for words)
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Sending my condolences... how sad for you

Nina XX
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'm so sorry Sue.. It is a very hard thing to go through, I know, we lost Cleo earlier this year.. A definite hole has been left in the home.

You have my deepest sympathy hun...

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Sue, Sending our deepest condolences at this sad time for you.

Hugs from all the Mods and A.C. online team.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sue I am so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you too,

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dog Sue and Joan. Sending you (((hugs))) to keep you going.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your dog, Joan and Sue. Sixteen years is a long time to live with a dog so you will miss her very much, but I'm sure she had a lovely life with such caring owners. I hope you will take comfort from knowing that you gave her a very good life.

With best wishes and condolences to you both

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    (((((( hugs))))))

thinking of you at this very sad time i know what you are going through :cry:

Rose x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you everyone
    for your kind words and hugs for the loss of my dog.
    sue xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Oh, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this horrible grieving time.

You must miss the wee dude so much. In time, I hope you are able to take some comfort from remembering all the fun times and that you gave such a loving home for all those years.

Take it easy, be kind to yourself and sending you lots of hugs.

I am so sorry.

Much love, Carol xx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Missed the conception But was there for the pregnancy and birth nWe had our lovely Sainz for 15 years You could have sailed a boat on the tears in our kitchen when he was put to sleep Thinking of you today :cry::cry::cry:
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your sad loss. It does hurt I know and no words can express how you will be feeling now.
    It is really so hard to let our little friends go but you did the right thing and hopefully you will be able to remember the fun times you had together soon.

Lv, I x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so sorry Sue, Our pets are part of our family, Our children, I know my bubba is my baby. So I send you this ((HUG)) and your in my thoughts. :sad: