Skin results back for dad.

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 25. Jun 2011, 13:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well my dad has been told the skin removed on his head was cancer.....
The skin graft did not take so it will take a while to heal and is being dressed and packed every day. He has been told that because he is under Brompton in London they are going to leave his head and see what happens. Back to the hospital in August to see how he is going. If the cancer returns it will be rads. He is back to Brompton for test to do with his lungs....and they are keeping him in to see if they can do anything different with the drugs he is taking.They have to keep him in as he only has about 50% oxygen levels so this testing or messing around with his drugs could be quite dangerous.
No news with mum...which i know sounds mad but that is good news.

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lupin I am so sorry for your poor dad. I hope his head heals by august and at that appointment he gets the all clear.

I have my fingers crossed that the hospital that he is in now can help with the problem with his lungs.

I really don't know what else to say sorry. I have my fingers crossed for your mum too. This must be a stressful time for you.
    Justt want to send you a hug (((()))) annd say please take care.
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, lupin, that is not such good news, yes? I hope the graft takes, that new meds can help, and that the eventual news about your mum is better than this about your dad. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Oh Lupin

Poor you poor your Dad and poor you Mum too :sad:

My thoughts are with you and all l can say is your dear dad is being looked after and they will do their very best for him

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my uncle had much the same thing with his head and it turned out ok so i know it hard but try not to worry about it till you have to thinking of you all and leaving hugs val
    val