A Small Update From Me

Options
MrsSparrow
MrsSparrow Member Posts: 22
edited 24. Jun 2011, 07:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

As you all know I'm new to all of this. Feeling guilty as I have been incapacitated for the last few days and haven't been around. Since Friday night I have been experiencing a lot of pain and numbness in my hip as well as other worries not related to the arthritis.

I have got my appointment for my MRI today for 9th July - typical is 5 minutes after my scheduled appointment for respite care for my son and not a school day! I also have a telephone appointment for my doc on Friday as there are further issues resulting from my blood test and X ray (not sure yet) and a barium meal next week.

On top of all this my daughter has been refused extra help at school despite her autism diagnosis and I have to start the appeal process.

I'm thinking of asking about the low dose anti-depressant as possible pain (and stress) relief until the results are through to help me though the pain and worry.

Thinking of you all

Kate

Comments

• cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Crikey, you're going through it. I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and hoping everything works out for you.
    Take care xx
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    aww sorry cant help, can only offer a listening ear and a cyber hug xxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am on the anti depressants and yes, they help, so why not ask for a med to see you through? There is no shame in that, not one iota. Don't for one moment feel guilty about not posting - we are always here, come hell or high water. I currently am experiencing both but hey-ho, that's life with arthritis. You have so much more on your plate than me so all I can do is wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Blimey Kate, that is definitely a whole heap of worries hun.
    Just know that we are around for you if you need us..

Best wishes mi dear..

Sorry it's short n sweet, hands are hurting along with the rest :roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Kate
    Im so sorry to hear how bad things are for you, gosh you have so much going on, there are quite a few on here been on or still on ADs.I tried them a few years ago, and they really did work for me, and help me through some bad times.
    I do wish you well with everything, you know we are always here if you need us.
    Love
    Barbara
  • MrsSparrow
    MrsSparrow Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you all, you don't know how much it means to me that I can come here and moan without hearing "but......." or "I'm much worse off".

I finally feel I have found a place I can call home. I promise once I get through the next few weeks and get clarification about my longer term position I will be there cheering you all on in the good fight :grin: .

Thank you all so much again

Kate
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello I'm glad you find the forum useful. Its members have given me lots of help and support in the last few years.

I hope you soon feel better and medication begins to work, it does take some time for everything to 'kick in' and settle down, so don't feel guilty! :wink: Love Suexxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Kate,
    What a lot you hve going on in your life......poor you.
    Dont worry about not posting......we all disppear from time to time...thats what arthur is like.
    Glad you find the forum helpful

Love
    Hileena
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Kate,

I am sorry you are going through so many problems at the moment. I think you should give Anti-Ds a go, I have been on them years and they do work. It's not only your health but everything else going on around you. I do understand a bit of what its like when you have children with autism. I have my youngest with A.D.H.D with a couple of others thrown in. And it really hard work especially school having to fight all the time just to get what they should be receiving anyway.

Give them a go, it will help you out now end. Keep us informe3d of how things go for you.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi kate

Just want to send a hug((((())))))

You have a few things happening at the moment and I hope it all settles down soon

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so sorry your having to deal with so much at the moment Kate. All I can say is I send you ((HUGS)) and I know you must feel that everywhere you turn your coming up across slammed doors and more problems. But we are here for you, if you ever need a shoulder I'm here. Don't think your alone because your not. Another ((HUG)) because you deserve it!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi kate

blimey lass you have your work cut out!!

Good to meet you and hope that you will manage all of those appointments.

If the low dose is the amitriptyline then l take that too and think it helps a lot.

No no-one on here will ever tell you they are much worse off than you - we are here for support for each other and ourselves too.

Love

Toni xx