Cruelty in the world

jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 23. Jun 2011, 18:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
Morning everyone, I could'nt sleep last night and spent a long time watching TV . Seems a bunch of yobs have thrown a kitten from high rise flat it fell 120ft luckly it is ok , what is the world coming to, every time you watch TV there is some sort of cruelty I watched a elephant being beaten in a circus ,heard about 20 birds having there heads chopped off a couple of weeks ago . Killings and stabings everyday it just seems the morm these days.

I think it is all the games youngsters are playing now it is all hurting and killing. Watching war going on all the time . They seem to think you can kick and stab other humans and animals without it mattering . I am 61 and it seems to me the world is getting worse ,more cruelty more murder and less caring . I dread to think how it will be in the years to come if we dont teach or young how wrong it is to behave like this .This world is no nearer to being civalived than it was hundreds of years ago , we still spend our time killing in the name of religion even being cruel in the name of god .If you are'nt religous you can kill because someone was disrespetful to you it goes on and on . Sorry for my rant I am in pain and short tempered but i am still being loving to my dogs and hubby when he gets up. :oops:

Comments

• NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I agree with both of you, that there's so much cruelty and that there's not more of it, it's just better publicised...

I don't think humans will ever learn - we're the only species who kill each other.

Nxx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    just some awful games/media... all sorts can be such a cruel place at times...
    my daughters young cat, an indoor cat got outside of the window on the 9th floor, sadly he used every life up on his way down, they were devasated.... buried in my garden

i saw a man beating a dog badly on the green outide my house.... i called the police, eventually they came but missed him.... a woman stopped her car and had a go at the man along with someone else.. the dog slipped the lead and just ran petrified, a fella saw this stopped his van and went over to the evil b*****d and gave him a good hiding, we all tried... the police didnt have the time to find him...
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Cruelty towards human beings or animals is abhorrent, and as already mentioned, I don't think it's on the increase. It's the same as it's always been just more publicised.

But we should remember that there are a great many good people in the world, including youngsters, and it's a pity we don't always hear about the good being carried out in the world.

Pheebs
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    pheebs wrote:
    But we should remember that there are a great many good people in the world, including youngsters, and it's a pity we don't always hear about the good being carried out in the world.Pheebs

Totally agree, Pheebs. My 87 year old mum was waiting outside her home, a couple of days ago for a minicab to arrive and 6 people of varying ages offered to take her across the road. :smile:

I meet good people and I hope you all do too.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.