Need another holiday

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 24. Jun 2011, 20:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just returned from a very interesting, but hectic holiday in Kent, a county which I have often passed through en route to the continent, but have never visited properly before. There are so many places of interest to visit, and I've walked miles during the past week.

For me, one of the highlights was to visit the Turner Contemporary art gallery at Margate, a fabulous new art gallery built right on the sea-front. I also visited Hever Castle, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, and Chartwell, home of Winston Churchill, both fascinating historic houses. Other visits included Lullingstone Roman villa, Scotney Castle, Ightam Mote (all amazing places ) and of course, the wonderful Canterbury Cathedral.

We are so lucky in this country to have so many lovely places to visit, but now I think I need another holiday to recover, preferably sitting still and doing absolutely nothing :grin:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good time away Joan, but it is lovely to have you back with us! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,937
    Options
    Hi Joan.
    i'm pleased you enjoyed your holiday what good memories
    you have as well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back, DD, rehab and Joan. I'm paying the price for all the walking around, but I did enjoy seeing all those lovely places.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Joan, glad you had a lovelly holiday. And you enjoyed being in my neck of the woods. Did you try the pantiles at tunbridge wells, that is always good, and you can sit and watch the world go by.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Joan
    Its good to have you back, what a lovely holiday that must have been, you certainly pack in some great places.
    Its know wonder so many tourist come to England..
    Love
    Barbara
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Joan, I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday but good grief woman, we barelly coped when you were gone and now you want to leave us again??

Nxx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I was wondering where you had got to.
    I went to Kent many years ago, vaguely remember visiting broadstairs that was nice.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    constable wrote:
    Hi Joan, glad you had a lovelly holiday. And you enjoyed being in my neck of the woods. Did you try the pantiles at tunbridge wells, that is always good, and you can sit and watch the world go by.

Karen xx

Hi Karen

You live in a very nice area of the country. Yes, I did visit the Pantiles, and had a very nice coffee and cake there. :grin:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Joan
    Its good to have you back, what a lovely holiday that must have been, you certainly pack in some great places.
    Its know wonder so many tourist come to England..

Thanks Barbara. You are right, it's difficult to beat England for lots of historic houses and beautiful countryside too.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    NinaKKang wrote:
    Joan, I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday but good grief woman, we barelly coped when you were gone and now you want to leave us again??

Nxx

Thanks Nina, I won't be leaving again in the near future, but would just like to have a relaxing beach holiday now in contrast to all the sight-seeing.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    I was wondering where you had got to.
    I went to Kent many years ago, vaguely remember visiting broadstairs that was nice.

Hi oneday, Yes, I went to Broadstairs too, and it's still very nice.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    What a shame Joan, when you visited the pantiles you could have walked up to me for a coffee, that how close I live to it. Maybe another time eh.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to The Garden of England Joan. There are many lovely little villages to visit in Kent too. Tenterden is very nice. I always loved visiting Hever Castle as a child and on school trips.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hello mi dear. A huge and warm welcome back.. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your galavanting around... Sounds like you certainly do need a rest now :shock: :shock:

Take it easy now hun, get thi feet up lass..

I'm doing bugger all today, been a busy week and boy do the joints know it.

Catch you soon hun..
    :wink::wink::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    constable wrote:
    What a shame Joan, when you visited the pantiles you could have walked up to me for a coffee, that how close I live to it. Maybe another time eh.

Karen xx

What a shame I didn't know, Karen. I would love to have met you.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to The Garden of England Joan. There are many lovely little villages to visit in Kent too. Tenterden is very nice. I always loved visiting Hever Castle as a child and on school trips.

Elizabeth

Yes I went to Tenterden too, Elizabeth, and it's very pretty. Hever Castle is very impressive, and a bit sad too to think that two of Henry the 8th's wives lived there.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back, Tony. I did manage to have one day resting, but now I've recovered so I'm back to my gallivanting again as usual :grin: