edited 23. Jun 2011, 16:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I dislike cooking but enjoy washing up. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Most household chores are a necessary evil to me. I can always think of a million things I would rather be doing, so I resent the time taken up by all the boring jobs.

I can't really think of one which I like ( possibly a quick flick round with a feather duster, or pushing the button on the washing machine :?: ) but the worst one by far is the ironing. I once formed a forum club called the IHTI club ( I Hate The Ironing Club ) and there were lots of members. I think Elna was the only person who said she loved ironing, so we ordered a van to collect it and take it all to her. Seemed like a good arrangement to me :lol:

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • cat75
    cat75 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    i hate doing the dishes if i had space i would have a dish washer & also sweeping the floor but as i have a dog that sheds alot (don't know how he's not bald lol) i need to do it twice a day.

i do like ironing and dusting.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I hate cooking, but everything else is not a problem. Even down to ironing you can see the outcome which I like.

What I do hate is all the time it takes to clear up after the girls go to school, that does really get me.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hate cleaning up mice poop even tho' paying pest controllers a small fortune
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Having said that, when I begin to growl about housework I TRY to take the attitude of that I am lucky I am able to tickle the housework chores as it was not so long ago I couldn't do anything - positive attitude and all that however regarding housework a positive attitude is a tad difficult to muster!
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hate cooking with a passion but
    love baking cakes etc. Does that make sense?!!!!!!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well love to change our bed (only because will meen sleeping in lovely fresh crisp sheets that night. hate sorting the ever growing mess and paying bills val
    val
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    love bleach so if i can bleach it im happy to do it. hate dishes
  • coco67
    Options
    oh and i also hate sorting out all the socks after they been washed.
  • constable
    Options
    Coco are you the same as me and end up with a load of odd socks, it drives me mad

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • coco67
    Options
    i now bribe my youngest into sorting them out once there is a bag full, i pay her to sit there and sort as many pairs as she can, they get socks back and i dont have to do it so happy all round hahaha
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    I quite like mopping and beating rugs with a broom. I love seeing a newly mopped floor (seconds before everyone tramples in on it straight from the garden). I do quite like ironing.

I love cooking, always have done. No washing up now we have the dishwasher :D We love our dishwasher!

I hate dusting and hoovering - my girls do all the dusting and hoover their rooms now so I don't do much of that. My eldest has my passion for cooking too.

Nxx
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    I love all aspects of laundry. Loading the machine, hanging the washing out on a beautiful sunny day, the lovely fresh smell of it as I bring it in and then the ironing while sitting down watching the Eastenders omnibus!!
    I hate dusting and hoovering. Hate changing the bed but love to climb in between freshly laundered, ironed sheets. Won't let my husband anywhere near the bed on sheet change day until I've savoured it for an hour!!
    Don't mind cooking or washing up but hate drying up.
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • constable
    Options
    Thats something I forgot, changing our kingsize duvet cover. I am only 5foot 2inch and trying to get a cover on a kingsize is mind blowing. I do really hate that.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    bringing up 6 kids they all had their chores to do.. down to making their own beds each day... now 4 have moved out and left with a lazy 15 year old who never makes her bed and a 27 year old son who is never really home but would help if asked to... when i get the sheets off my bed with help i wash dry and get hubby to put them back on with me.. love the new lenor/comfort smell...lol
    i have a dishwasher, but now and then i love to swish my hands around warm soapy water and clean the dishes.... not everday tho
    i have now got myself a small greenhouse its just a walkin turn around job £20 one.. lol i love to potter around in there...

anything else in the house gets done when its needed by my dd who comes over to clean for me was several times a week but due to her carers allowance cant afford to come over anymore, so just the weekend now when my hubby collects her (single parent)
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello Carola,

I like your post.
    I'm just glad to be able to do that which a few
    months ago I never thought I would.