who would you like to meet and why?

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 27. Jun 2011, 12:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sitting here contemplating my leg plaster (it's become a part of my life) as I do and doing a bit of lateral thinking,a thought came into my head..................who would I like to meet and equally important..why?

How I came to that subject I've no idea.......could be the tablets or just my age (that's the drawback of puberty,if only!).Anyway I thought it may be interesting to pose this question to others.I've decided to phrase the question as I have so it doesn't restrict you to one person or one posting.

My hobby (indeed passion) is our family history as a consequence one person I would like to meet is would be my paternal grandmother.She died young after an accident (this was before the 2nd World War) and so I never met her.My father and grandfather both died before I started my research and therefore never asked them any questions.I have many branches going back centuries but her family is a complete mystery and has proved a total 'brickwall' despite posting on the internet and years of research!!A chat with her would unlock this door...................... :sad:

Ron

Oh another person.........KATE BUSH............... :grin::grin::lol::lol:
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That is very intersting Ron. My brother and 2 cousins are currently researching our family tree.

I would like to meet Olga Korbut as she is my favourite sports star and encouraged me to start Gymnastics. I'd also like to know what happened to the 2 princes in the Tower! were they murdered by Uncle Richard or not?

Eliabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Robert De Niro, naturally :)

I would have liked to have met my maternal grandparents. I remember them very vaguely from a trip to India when I was 5, but they both died quite soon after. I do remember them doting on me though, I remember poignant times of being carried everywhere. My mum was the youngest and had 2 elder brothers and the eldest died in an accident so him too.

Most of my dad's family emigrated to the UK so I know all of them. But mum's family I would have liked to have known better, especially since she says I'm independent and stubborn, much like her dad :D I have the same tastes in food too, apparently, which I like knowing.

Nxx
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    Several people but most of all is Billy Connolly. I love his attitude to life and he really makes me laff.
    Also on my list are:
    Robin Williams.
    Joe Pasquale.
    Barry Manilow.
    Stephen Fry
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    My grandmother who also had RA and wasn't given the empathy she deserved.

My best friend when I was five years old, we met the first day of primary school, wonder what she's doing now.

Many people who have touched my life and influenced me and are too many to name.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I would love to meet lots of famous artists who inspire me. Of the living ones, top of my list would be David Hockney, Lucian Freud, Tracy Emin, and Antony Gormley, all of whom I admire.

I would like to have met the Impressionist painters, including Van Gogh, Monet, Cézanne, Renoir, and Gauguin. What a fascinating group of people they would have been.

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi all,i too have been doing family history and would like to talk to my dad about his history which would solve some mysteries,he died about 20 years ago.would like to have met john wayne (as a cowboy)and ride thru monument valley with him (not that i know how to ride).Mig
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    Looking at the posts,I'm picking up a thread (on a site totally unrelated to genealogy) that is so common on genealogy sites I belong to i.e people (and I'm one of them) always regret that they didn't ask family members relevant questions when they were still with us.Once they've gone the knowledge is lost forever.ASK THEM NOW............!Here endeth the lesson!!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Ron, that is so true. I was going to put my mum and dad, so I could find out more of family history.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi all on this lovely sunny day,reading thru the posts lots of people are into geneology ,its a really engrossing subject and lets you forget your problems for a while,cheers all, back to watching jeremy kyle !!Mig
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    Ann boleyn......there are so many conflicting accounts...was she a scheming evil woman or was she just a victim of men....did she sleep with her brother? so many questions...
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    mig wrote:
    Hi all on this lovely sunny day,reading thru the posts lots of people are into geneology ,its a really engrossing subject and lets you forget your problems for a while,cheers all, back to watching jeremy kyle !!Mig

Hi mig
    Felt really sorry for the young guy on jk when he found the baby wasn't his.... :sad:
    Ron
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I would love to meet my Grandad Bate, He and my nan spilt when I was very young and he is Indian, he went back to Pakistan so I haven't got chance to meet him and I wouldn't know where to find him what with all the troubles there now.
    Celebrity wise I would love to catch up with Bono and meet him again! My OH got lucky when we went to see them at the old Wembley Stadium went to the Zoo t.v concert. We where looking for somewhere to eat and we saw a handful of people outside a hotel and they told us Bono & the edge where staying there and as they said that Bono apeared and came over and started chatting and signing autographs. We both got autographes. And I was star stuck! But yes would love to sit down with him and talk about everying he does. And the other person would be Lady GaGa just to chat with her would be amazing.
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    It may seem corny,but would really love to meet members of the forum too many to list!!....................................... :grin:
    Over the months of being on here you build these mental images of them and would be so fascinating to put faces to names................... :eek: :shock:
    Ron
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    oohhh Ron, I'd been wanting to say that myself but thought you all would laugh at me. So yes, it would be lovelly to meet loads who you are in contact with on the computer. I should have had a bit more courage really shouldn't I.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Well I've made a start as far as meeting folks on here is concerned.. I will add to the three that I've met I'm sure.. No need for a mental image of me & mellman as our mugs have been posted on here already.. Wonder if we look like you lot imagined we would.. :???:

I would love to meet my musical hero Bowie... I'll think of more..
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP