Thanks evryone !

Options
lilyflower
lilyflower Member Posts: 41
edited 24. Jun 2011, 10:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, just want to thank everyone for their kindness in wishing me luck for my arthroscopy on my shoulder.
It went very well and was back home for 5 o'clock, had a nerve block in my neck so could'nt feel a think for 24 hrs, it was weird not being in control of my arm and hand though.
I was also drugged up so felt quite spaced out for a few days, I am now weining myself off the tabs (gabapentin _ amitriptyline and co-codomol)
Just taking co-codomol when needed and my amitriptyline at night now, so am starting to function normally again.
I still haven't got full movement in my shoulder and arm yet but its getting better every day, have got physio on Monday after my stitches come out. Only got 3 which look very neat.
Was very impressed with the private hospital they couldnt do enough for me.
A pot of tea and sandwiches were brough to me after I'd come round and again before I left. If I ever need an op again and get a choice will defo ask to go private.
With this op out the way I can now concentrate on my knees (which are giving me no end of pain) It never ends does it.
Thanks again, Lil x :P

Comments

• cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So pleased to hear that everything went well for you Lil :grin:

It's so helpful when peeps post about their experiences, gives everyone who's lined up for perhaps the same procedure so much encouragement. (I'm seeing the upper limb Orthopod in a couple of weeks about my shoulder (s) )

The last four ortho ops I've had were at a private orthopaedic hos. The treatment was funded by the NHS and I can truthfully say that the care and attention I've received surpassed that I received when in the ancient past I was a fee paying private patient!!! How's about that then :lol:

Do hope the physio goes well on Monday and as is always drummed into us "keep up the exercises, the best post op results depend on it"

Good luck for anything you need relating to your knees. Thanks to the Horder Centre I've got a brilliant new right one and I can't believe that they're going to give me a new left one too! As if that's not enough they're also going to give me a new right hip and I've already been given a new left one! Am I lucky or what? :oops:

Take special care and do let us know how the physio goes.

Cherry x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Ah well done Lil!!

Sounds as though all went really well for you :smile:

I am so pleased...one down now the knees to go.

Good luck with the physio....l am sure it will be fine, l have a friend who had one 2 yrs ago and is due to have the other one done soon. She has not looked back!!

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well that is good news! Well done you, I hope the recovery continues to go well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    That is really good to hear. I'm glad that you are so happy with what has been done. Hope the physio goes well for you as well.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hi Lil
    i'm pleased your op went well.good luck with the physio.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Glad to hear that things went well hun. Good luck with the physio on monday..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP