Yet another 'flare up!'

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 25. Jun 2011, 08:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
As I sit here typeing this I'm trying to find the answer to why do these 'flare up's' happen when I don't want them to! This one has come at a time when I should be happy and looking forward to my holiday! instead I'm in alot of pain with my hip, knee and 2 broken toes all on left side! So instead of sorting things out and being very happy I'm resting with leg raised on 2 pillows (only place comfortable!) and zombied out with extra morphine supplied by oromorph! Happy Times! (I think not!). All I can do is pray this one isn't a long one, we all know how long they can last! eeeek! Than goodness for the invention of the wheelchair is all I can say! :shock:

Comments

• liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    awww thats not good... maybe you have done a little more in preparation for your holiday?
    where you going if you dont mind me asking an when?

im having extreme pain in my big toes... how ridiculous is that!
    off to florida in 76 days.. not that im counting...lol
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    I do hope it goes off soon for you Amanda :sad: all you can do is do your best to rest and try not to worry

and Leisa...big toes???? :???:

love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I swear it knows when to pop up and cause us the most trouble, I am sure of it. Sometimes you plan for payback and build it into the plans for the two or three days following some over-exertion and it never appears. Then when you want and need to be active up it pops. I swear it knows. Rest as much as you can, get the dullers into you and let's hope that gives you enough of a break to get everything sorted. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Flare up's are a real pain (no pun intended lol!)
    There doesn't seem to be any reason or logic to it.
    Hope you feel better soon adn have a great holiday.
    You too Liesa.
    Anita.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Everyone, and thank you for the messages! My whole right side is swollen now and extremely painful! Arther she wants me out of action! Doc gave me a perscription for oromorph so I'm well and truely morphined up! OH has gone into his angrey husband mode and keeps sniping one minute and being sweet and wonderful and wanting to buy me prezzies next can't deal with that as well as everything else! Hope the oromorph helps tonight cause it ruined my U2 @ glastonbury last night was totally oggleing at Bono and thinking about what I would like to do to him! when the most intense pain shot from my hip to my toes and made me nearly hit the roof in agony! Glad I can come on here and let everything out!! :sad: