6 WEEK CHECK

Options
grampyal
grampyal Member Posts: 81
edited 24. Jun 2011, 13:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Just had my six week post op check. Actually it was seven and a half weeks but after the mess ups this delay is not too bad. Had x-rays of both knees and the Revision looks good, usual metal bits with long spikes on them that go at least six inches up into the bones ( where the marrow was). Bad news is that my own knee, the one I now want to keep, has no cartilage left and the bones are wearing away. Doc says 1-2 years left in it. Any one who has had replacement will know the initial pain but now it is improving well and I walked nearly two miles yesterday with the aid of a pushchair. I was pushing not riding. No news from manufacturere of the broken prosthesis but doc did say that they usually pay for the cost of the operation, NOT much help to me. It is only now that the knee is getting better that I realise the pain from walking on the broken joint that I have had for the last two years or so. So looking on the bright side life is improving so must be grateful for that.
Best wishes,
Al

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Grampyal

So pleased to hear that life is looking much brighter for you now. You most certainly deserve it to be, after all you have been through.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am glad to hear that things seem to be going better now for you, surely that is a good thing and let's hope the next replacement goes a deal better than your first! Take care and keep up the good work with the walking! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Al

you made me laugh :lol:

pushing the pram not IN it!!!

Serioulsy l wouldn't have got home from tehnschool pick-up some days if it wasn't for the youngests pushchair!!

I am so pleased all is well and that you are doing so much better.

Thank you for asking l am doing not so bad at all at the mo :smile: .

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Sounds like you are making great progress. Once the post-op pain fades - the absence of pain from a replaced diseased joint really does make you wonder why you didn't have the op sooner ....

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.