Big Toes and shaky hands

liesa
liesa Member Posts: 821
edited 25. Jun 2011, 08:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
saw my Dr today, apparently i had a blood test done in march and it showed i was anaemic, so the dr is after a lot more of my blood, hes concerned as my voice is still hoarse and has been like this since christmas, i also said about the shakey hands and how i was dropping food off the fork, he said he could give me steroid injections for my elbows, also he could get me to have surgery said i will think about it,
so its a wait and see what the test results will be....
also told him that my big toes keep getting awful shooting pains help!! its awful.. had it a couple of times before and then it stopped but this keeps going on and on... the dr is testing for gout... they feel all throbby :sad:
love and hugs
8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Leisa

so will you have treatment for the anaemia then Lise?? Will that help make you less shaky as well?

You know when you said big toes l immediatley thought gout....but you just don't fit my mental (AND inaccurate mental stereotype at all!)

Glad you are being taken serioulsy though you really do need sorting.

Hope your weekend is good.

Love

Toni xx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Hi Toni
    i looked up anaemia yesterday theres a lot of signs that show... the extreme fatigue, shortness of breath especially just getting to the top of my stairs has been scaring me as im so out of breath,
    'a tingling, "pins and needles" sensation in the hands or feet
    loss of sense of touch
    an unsteady, wobbly gait and difficulty walking
    clumsiness and stiffness of the arms and legs
    dementia?'
    'shortness of breath and headache, particularly with exercise
    difficulty concentrating'
    'leg cramps'
    'very heavy menstrual periods
    'dryness in the mouth and throat'

so hopefully the blood tests will show what treatment if any is needed,
    my throat has been driving me nuts since december, im so hoarse, had a camera down my throat so we know its nothing sinister, hes sending me to see a speech and think he said language people for what im not sure... but i guess they may know more about throat stuff

have a good weekend Toni xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Leisa

weekend ok except the kid's Dad is up :???: ah well.....thanks :smile:

Speech and language therapy that'll be it.

If the aneamia is bad then they can do a transfusion....if it's less bad injections if its less than that tablets, but it certainly sounds to fit your symptoms doesn't it? I am very releived :grin:

Love

Toni xx