new diagnosis

suedonog
suedonog Member Posts: 10
edited 27. Jun 2011, 06:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Can anyone help,I have PA and fibro the flare has lasted over 3 months and yet the GP says it should only last a few weeks?
It has taken me 8 years for a diagnosis and its seems to have come too late for my left knee as they have found necrosis and cannot help me unless a replacment is considered and it may not work.
Is there anyone out there with the same problems.
Thanks
Sue

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Flares can last for as long as they choose, some can be only a few days, others can jog gently on for weeks. GPs are not that well versed in the auto-immune versions of this dross, so I wouldn't take too much notice of him. They live with the theory, we have the reality and if that reality doesn't match the text books, so flaming what?

I am waiting to hear from orthopaedics about possible knee replacements - truth be told I cannot wait! Surgery is meant to help, and will probably help a damn sight more than the meds I take. At least it will sort out the OA in my knees, which I am sure was triggered by the PA damage to my knees and the surgery I have had on them. (That was tinkering about surgery, not proper surgery. It solved nothing at the time or for the following years.)

It's nice to see you over here, Sue, I hope you receive some more replies but the week-ends are often a little quieter on here. I hope you are as OK today as you can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,333
    Hi Sue

good to meet you :smile:

naughty GP arguing about when the flare started!! You should know after all!!

There are a fair few on here who have had Total knee replacements so they can help a bit l am sure with that process.

I hhope you find us and this forum supportive and helpful as l have

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Sue
    Welcome over here.......I've got OA so dont know a lot about PA but I see our expert on that answered you :lol:
    Its your body....not your GP's so you should have a better idea than him

Love
    Hileena
  • suedonog
    suedonog Member Posts: 10
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Sue
    Welcome over here.......I've got OA so dont know a lot about PA but I see our expert on that answered you :lol:
    Its your body....not your GP's so you should have a better idea than him

Love
    Hileena

Hi,
    thanks to everyone who was kind enough to answer me.
    It means a great deal to know that there are people who have learned to listen to their bodies, I will try to do the same.

Blessings
    Sue :P
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,333
    A pleasure Sue

now don't disapear! I hope to see you on here now :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Sue, I can share groans about Fibroymigia! I've had it since I was 13 which was the year 1985! If you ever wanna chat or ask any questions just send me a private message. Amanda/bubbadog. :smile: