I don't know where to start....

Options
widget
widget Member Posts: 22
edited 25. Jun 2011, 14:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have just finished a week off from work and I am getting myself in such a state about returning. I can't say I love my work, I go in, do my job and come home again. Since being diagnosed with RA 2 years I have only taken one day off work even though I know I should have taken more. I dont find it easy to take time off, conscious of what others think I suppose. I have no one at home to talk to as I live on my own, and sadly have no friends. My parents are elderly and I dont want them to worry about the state I am getting myself in.
I would like to change jobs but with having RA i dont know if I should put on an application form that I have RA or wait to see if I can get an interview. The role I do is mainly computer based which Isn't ideal with RA. I would like to do something different but have no ideas on what I could do which would help my condition. I can't afford to not work with being on my own.
Sorry Ive rambled a bit but if anyone can make sense and help me out please do.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Widget

haven't seen you round lately.

I am sorry you are not looking forward to going into work.

Your work record (lack of sickness record) will go in your favour when applying for work. MY advice would be do not lie if the direct question is asked....most just ask how many days off you have had in the last 12 months l think.

If l were you l would start looking - no harm at all in that.

Have you considered joining your local arthritis care branch?? Just a thought

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi have you had the (ocupational ) think that what they called in at work to see what you can be given to help make your job less painfull (different mpuse,chair etc)
    val