Numbness in leg

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 26. Jun 2011, 09:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

I'm getting a wee bit worried now. I have cervical spondylosis and now getting checked out cos of numbness in arms, hands and fingers. For a few days, I've had a strange, cramp like feeling in my left leg. Now, my heel, foot and little toe are going numb. Anyone else get this?

Thanks,
Magenta x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    noticed this has dropped down where can not be seen so moveing it back to top hope some one who can help comes along val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Eileen

when my back gave up the ghost some 8 years ago l 'lost' the whole of my leg...it started with my little toe and went up.

This was a nerve being damaged by a bulging disc or two and a small fracture (had had about 20 years!) so quite right you should be mentioning it.

What kl will say is that mine used to happen and subside over the years regularly till the last time when it went properly and surgery was the only option. This was lumber L something and L something else.

When are you due to see the head person?

Love

Toni xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Magenta..

I get pins and needles in hands and feet.. have just had some nmore bloods done.. see if that shows anything, am due to see GP wed..
    It could be a number of things, my gp thinks mine is due to too much calcium due to my calcichew tablets..
    Hope they get to the bottom of it for you.. keep us posted..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Thanks Valval, Toni and Traluvie,

I'm due to see the Head guy on 13th July but I'm also being referred to an ortho surgeon so I'm sure one of them will help. I'm used to the numbness etc in hands and fingers cos I've had them for years-the leg thing is new and it's uncomfortable and it's worrying me that I've maybe got something else going wrong further down the spine.

I'll let you know how I get on,

Magenta xxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Well hope you get sorted..
    It is awful when something new starts happening.. you think oh no not something else to contend with.. it's like an uphill struggle.. but be worth climbing to get some benefits eh??
    Wish you well..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx