Holiday insurance

Options
80squeen
80squeen Member Posts: 69
edited 29. Jun 2011, 18:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, can I ask if anyone else has has trouble with holiday insurance? Booked hol with well known high street travel agent last week, went in to sign docs today and commented that my asthma wasnt listed. They ended up cancelling the policy but in attempting to redo it, because I'm stil awaiting scans for my hip they wouldn't insure me!y I gave honest answers to everything I was asked last week andit was accepted, buttodayit isn't! How stupid-they didn't even ask what the condition was! Has anyone had any success with this? Thanks, Josie xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Speaking from bitter experience, 80'sQueen, I can tell you that, if you're awating scans, you have what is known in the trade as 'an undiagnosed condition' and, if you can get insured for it, I'd love to know who with.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi, I found it almost impossible to get holiday insurance because of my hip re-surface, £600 quote for 3 weeks in Portugal.
    Couldn't believe it as hubby has had a stroke with mobility problems, is severely sight impaired, has diabetes, arthritis of knees, 3 hernia ops, high blood pressure and yet it was my dodgy hips that pushed the claim up. His quote was about £90.
    No help for you I know but there is no logic to insurance companies.
    Hope you get sorted.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Del

they sound great and as though they actually know their stuff.

Were they expensive?

Love

Toni xx
  • 80squeen
    80squeen Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Many thanks for your replies - I'll look into that company. I was amazed they didn't even ask what my condition was! Not covering pre-existing conditions I understand, but not covering you at all!! Huh! Thankyou, regards, Josie x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I have an account with Natwest and as part of the package is free holiday insurance which covers all my health problems very good saves a packet!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi, my holiday insurence thru my bank are willing to cover me with my ra and high blood pressure no questions asked but wouldnt insure my husband who had by-pass surgery on his legs ,i spent hours on line looking for insurence for him and finally found world first who insurred him ,it took about 15 mins to fill in the questions,they charged us 56 pounds for a 5day trip to jersey,last year we went to america to visit our son and his family and they charged us 120 pounds for a two week trip they are worth giving it a go ,we were well satisfied with the cover in the policy. Mig
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    If you google 'Travel insurance deals bring new horizons to the elderly' you will find an article that was written a couple of years ago that applies to your situation. My father was going abroad and had been quoted some outrageous price. I'd happened to read this piece and he got a very good deal for under £50 for a week in Europe. He has two significant conditions.

Have a look and see if it is any good for you.
    Best of luck.
    X