Think ive seen one

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 26. Jun 2011, 12:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
I think ive seen one thats a fraud a benefit cheat , weve been away fishing for a week , and by the pond there were about 8 campers altogether in an encampment that had booked to be near the toilet block , in variouse tents , one lady had a wheelchair and a crutch , i have not got a problem with that , would walk to the toilet with crutch and back , but once behind the confinds of the windbreak barrier that was round the back its was a different lady playing chase with the dog , getting up and down of low seats , even on the floor with legs crossed , i know before i get jumped on that there are many disabilitys that warrant a wheelchair but a mobility car is a different matter , when there was no evident mobility problem , yes i know it was a mobility car and proud of the fact she was , yes she got it from the mobility scheme easy it is give it a try were her words ,gob smacked .
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Bertyboy

I get so angry with those type people who make it harder for the genuine people in need of disablility.

My husband has a mobility car and a blue badge and nearly everywhere he parks he gets the questioniong looks, and sometimes people even say to him, that he cant park, because he is only young.

It makes me very cross.

Bye the way, I do hope you enjoyed your fishing, my Hubby is a keen fisherman.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Ooooh Berty :???:

not pleasant is it she actually admitted it???

Didn't say she has an intermittent disability or anything like maybe MS???

Are you planning on doing anything about it?

Love

Toni xx
  • princess935
    princess935 Member Posts: 90
    Options
    It really angers me, how do these people get it, its so damn hard, they have to have a gp for spec on side otherwise dla would just say no. Even when you do have gp and spec on side they still knock you back.

It seems the ones who dont need it and claim fraudulently get it really easy, yet us ones who really need it have to go through so much upset and stress and cant get it.

Just really annoys me.

grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    I am going to make a few phone calls tomorrow and see what turns up , if i am wrong so be it ,but it just seemed so strange that not once did she look in any pain or discomfort completely the opposite ,
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx