Shocked

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 27. Jun 2011, 05:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Yesterday was a normal day. My mum and dad have been great this week. A friend of my mum's had to go to Blackpool hospital to have tests done for breathing problems, an investigation on her lungs...She has had heart problems for over 15 years and when she went into Blackpool it turned out she had an aortic aneurism.
Mum and dad took her in on tuesday, she had her op but didnt come back from op till well after 7pm (went down at 2pm)....She didnt eat much, hated the palce basically and was awkward with the staff....Anyhow she came out on friday afternoon after saying "she had someone at home with her" - she lives alone...Mum and dad dropped her home 5.30pm, i hadbought her sandwich, fruit and drink...She said she would talk to mum sat morning.....
Mum texted her and phoned her, no answer..I didnt think anything of it, she was tired, reckoned she was sleeping in....Mum and dad went out at 3pm, i got an answering message on phone at 5pm....It turns out mum went into her house, was all quiet, she went to her bedroom and well she couldnt wake her....She went and got dad..they called 999 who told dad to try and rescusciate her, and lift her out of the bed...Dad knew she was gone and refused to lift her out of bed...Said she was stiff.....They left before the undertakers came, that was too much...
They came back home and they are shaken, its awful and even me i felt for them and mum's friend...I mean she was nice to me and she was only 55..She had heart problems but nobody thought she would die....

My folks are great, i couldnt have ever dealt with that i know that...

Elainex

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am so sorry that your mum and dad had to find your mum's friend had passed away. I know this from experience with my dad, and it is a great shock for everyone involved.

I am sending you mum and dad loads of comforting hugs and for you as well. Also I do hope that your mum, dad and you don't start thinking if only because her time had come, nothing anyone could have done would change that.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Elaine how very very sad and awful. The only comfort is that she wanted to be home, hated the hospital, so she was in the comfort of the place she knew and loved most. You were there for her, providing help, comfort, friendship and support and I'm sure she was thankful.
    What an awful experience for your parents. I'm so sorry.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    What a sad story..
    She obviously wanted to be at home, a place she felt comfortable with and at peace.. You and your parents have been great support for her..
    Sending you big hugs..(((((X)))))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • kneegirl
    kneegirl Member Posts: 492
    Options
    Big hugs to you and your parents Elaine. Will be praying for you all through this sad time.
    xx
    event.png
  • dippyhips
    dippyhips Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Soooo sad :sad: & a great shock when someone leaves so suddenly. Take comfort in that she was where she wanted to be in the comfort of her homely comforts.

((((((HUGS))))) to all who knew her and especially to you & your parents.

Sue xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, Elaine, what a shock for your mum. I hope she and your dad are feeling a little better today. This will not be an easy time for them, especially your mum, what a thing to discover. Her poor friend, what a way for life to end. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Karen
    Thanks for your hugs...Everyone is smiling today but nobody slept well last night at all...I was worried about my mum and dad, the shock for them....
    I think the op and the stress of it all was too much, she went in her sleep, dad said there was no pain on her face...

Elainex
    constable wrote:
    I am so sorry that your mum and dad had to find your mum's friend had passed away. I know this from experience with my dad, and it is a great shock for everyone involved.

I am sending you mum and dad loads of comforting hugs and for you as well. Also I do hope that your mum, dad and you don't start thinking if only because her time had come, nothing anyone could have done would change that.

Karen xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

Oh its hit home like a bullet, yes she was home but it seems she only just got to bed had few hours sleep and that was it...Mum and dad did their utmost, visitied twice this week, took her there and home...My comfort is she ate my sandwich and fruit, last meal so to speak...
    Its unreal at moment...

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Elaine how very very sad and awful. The only comfort is that she wanted to be home, hated the hospital, so she was in the comfort of the place she knew and loved most. You were there for her, providing help, comfort, friendship and support and I'm sure she was thankful.
    What an awful experience for your parents. I'm so sorry.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Tracy

They have, they were friends but really like surrogate parents, her mother died a long time ago and my mum and dad was not faar short of all she had....

Thanks for hugs..

Elainex
    traluvie wrote:
    What a sad story..
    She obviously wanted to be at home, a place she felt comfortable with and at peace.. You and your parents have been great support for her..
    Sending you big hugs..(((((X)))))
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks Kneegirl...It is a sad time...
    Elainex
    kneegirl wrote:
    Big hugs to you and your parents Elaine. Will be praying for you all through this sad time.
    xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Sue

Yes she was, seemed like she wanted in her own bed....I dont know what happened, suspect massive heart attack....

Thanks for hugs..

Elainex
    dippyhips wrote:
    Soooo sad :sad: & a great shock when someone leaves so suddenly. Take comfort in that she was where she wanted to be in the comfort of her homely comforts.

((((((HUGS))))) to all who knew her and especially to you & your parents.

Sue xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks DD...

My mum was shaking like mad, she had to get dad and he had to feel for the pulse....She did go in her sleep, thats one comfort and she was cared for.....

Seems like a bad dreeam...

Elainex
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh dear, Elaine, what a shock for your mum. I hope she and your dad are feeling a little better today. This will not be an easy time for them, especially your mum, what a thing to discover. Her poor friend, what a way for life to end. DD
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    So sorry to hear this rather sad news :cry: , as others have said dont any of you think you could have stopped it happening,and she was where she wanted to be. sending lots of ((((((())))))to you and your mum and dad.
    Take care.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Carol

Thanks for hugs...And nobody could have stopped it, guess it was just her time but so cruel, barely 12 hours out of hospital...

Elainex
    Turbogran wrote:
    So sorry to hear this rather sad news :cry: , as others have said dont any of you think you could have stopped it happening,and she was where she wanted to be. sending lots of ((((((())))))to you and your mum and dad.
    Take care.
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    aww bless her, so very sorry to hear your sad news, happened to my family once, but wont go into now, thoughts are with you all xxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Liesa

Thanks for your thoughts...SO glad i didnt have to deal with it....Couldnt dont think...

Elainex
    liesa wrote:
    aww bless her, so very sorry to hear your sad news, happened to my family once, but wont go into now, thoughts are with you all xxx