It Has Hit Me

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 28. Jun 2011, 07:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya

Stepped on the scales this morning and am now 100kilograms (our scales are manual so maybe not bang on but I am as far as i can tell 100kilograms)....Thats me lost 10kilograms since last winter and my target weight for me to go back to the consultant at Wrightington is 95kilograms....
Trouble is ive got chickenhead on now...Im actually frightened and nothing's happening, but the more weight i lose its good, i can feel however my skin becoming looser and im sure that not an attractive look to go for!!! So why am i feeling apprehensive? Already my mind is racing way forward to wanting to see the ward i will be in at Wrightington as its 90miles from home.....
Im stoopid, dumbhead, twit, you name it but im cacking meself!!!
Got big kid syndrome....Wah!!!

Elainex

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Firstly, many congratulations on the weight loss, that is no mean achievement on your part and I hope you can feel the benefit to the dodgy knee. Losing weight is not easy, it takes time if the loss is to be maintained and I think you are doing well. I think the skin will tighten over time, it is after all the biggest organ of the body and it can shrink to fit, as it were.

As for the possible op, I can sorta understand the apprehension but it's the one thing you have wanted for so long, you are well on the way to meeting their target, surgery is not that bad ( I know, I've had a fair bit one way and another) and it should help you so much for the future. That is a wonderful target and you are doing well in your quest to reach it. Keep up the good work, Elaine, so far so good. You are doing OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    Hiya DD

Well thanks for the congratulations and i am pleased that its going well for me in the weight loss plan. I cant feel the benefits with my knee i think its beyond help but the loss will help my health overall....The skin is amazing and i am exercising so it may tighten....
    I know i want/need this operation...If i hadnt seen my dad and i know that everyone is different so there are no guarantees in life....I think its just being somewhere ive never been to is so daunting...I am a big kid with ops as it is, i cry my eyes out gettting arthroscopies for goodness sake!!Im just a born worrier me i know, its under my starsign...

Elainex
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Firstly, many congratulations on the weight loss, that is no mean achievement on your part and I hope you can feel the benefit to the dodgy knee. Losing weight is not easy, it takes time if the loss is to be maintained and I think you are doing well. I think the skin will tighten over time, it is after all the biggest organ of the body and it can shrink to fit, as it were.

As for the possible op, I can sorta understand the apprehension but it's the one thing you have wanted for so long, you are well on the way to meeting their target, surgery is not that bad ( I know, I've had a fair bit one way and another) and it should help you so much for the future. That is a wonderful target and you are doing well in your quest to reach it. Keep up the good work, Elaine, so far so good. You are doing OK. DD
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    Hiya

my mind is racing way forward to wanting to see the ward i will be in at Wrightington as its 90miles from home.....

Elainex

Wrightington hospital is very very good its like a big bungalow all on one floor and the staff there are excellent.

Keep us posted on how you get on - Good luck.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    well done Elaine thats a good loss , and the rest will happen , i can understand you are worried about your hospital stay and op , so think ahead of that and how things will be in the long term after , keep doing what you are doing weight wise ,x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    the weight loss is brilliant news. But remember what spurred you on to lose it in the first place-the thought of getting rid of all that pain you have suffered and the difficulties this has caused in your life.
    No operation is easy, the thought of having my hip done was terrifying. Just do some research so you are all ready and geared up and don't agree to an op until you are ready.
    Best of luck
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Fantastic news on the weight loss.......but as others have said....remember why you wanted to lose it......try to keep thinking ahead until after the op not the actual op....think how much better you will be and the lack of pain.

Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Justin

Is it? I only been for consultations not near wards or anything...

elainex
    Hiya

my mind is racing way forward to wanting to see the ward i will be in at Wrightington as its 90miles from home.....

Elainex

Wrightington hospital is very very good its like a big bungalow all on one floor and the staff there are excellent.

Keep us posted on how you get on - Good luck.
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Berty

Its silly aint it...I am just being a baby.....I am pleased at weight loss...

elainex
    bertyboy wrote:
    well done Elaine thats a good loss , and the rest will happen , i can understand you are worried about your hospital stay and op , so think ahead of that and how things will be in the long term after , keep doing what you are doing weight wise ,x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Elizabeth

I know it silly and I know ive fought for this and all the dificulties ive got just no...
    Am i prepared or am i just chicken???

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    the weight loss is brilliant news. But remember what spurred you on to lose it in the first place-the thought of getting rid of all that pain you have suffered and the difficulties this has caused in your life.
    No operation is easy, the thought of having my hip done was terrifying. Just do some research so you are all ready and geared up and don't agree to an op until you are ready.
    Best of luck
    Elizabeth x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Hileena

It is good but its scaring me now....I cant get head round epidural...

Elainex
    hileena111 wrote:
    Fantastic news on the weight loss.......but as others have said....remember why you wanted to lose it......try to keep thinking ahead until after the op not the actual op....think how much better you will be and the lack of pain.

Love
    Hileena
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Elizabeth

I know it silly and I know ive fought for this and all the dificulties ive got just no...
    Am i prepared or am i just chicken???

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Best of luck
    Elizabeth x

I think you need to do more research so you feel prepared and at ease. And take as long as you like before agreeing to an op. There will come a point where you will not feel so worried about it. I was scared of having a G.A and it wasn't until a few weeks before that they said I could have a spinal and the weight lifted off me.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hi

I cant see me getting rid of this fear..I cry my eyes out with minor ops before i go down to theatre but then im getting out that night and im fine....Ive known this day would come for over 20years but now the time is edging nearer it scares me and the one reason is cos i never had anyone else close post op to compare to but after seeing dad i got really spooked....
    I always go for general anaesthesia and everyone say edipural is so much better but i am so frightened that i will hear/see something that will haunt me....Im so chicken with needles too so id be freaking out with the injection for it....
    I will be a nightmare patient and will make kids look like bravehearts!!

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Best of luck
    Elizabeth x
    [/quote]

I think you need to do more research so you feel prepared and at ease. And take as long as you like before agreeing to an op. There will come a point where you will not feel so worried about it. I was scared of having a G.A and it wasn't until a few weeks before that they said I could have a spinal and the weight lifted off me.

Elizabeth[/quote]
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Oh Elaine, of course you are worried it is natural to be so. You have done so well to lose so much weight and I know it can’t have been easy for you. But you know you do have an inner strength to come this far and when the time comes you might just surprise yourself.

Lv, I x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi I

Oh god i dont know where I'll find it from.....I feel really unsettled by how I feel, its me being a drama queen I know....

Elainex
    ironic wrote:
    Oh Elaine, of course you are worried it is natural to be so. You have done so well to lose so much weight and I know it can’t have been easy for you. But you know you do have an inner strength to come this far and when the time comes you might just surprise yourself.

Lv, I x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi elaine

Congratulations on your weiight loss you are doing really well.
    As for your operation I can understand that yyou are now getting nervous. You have wanted this op for soooo long and now you are nearly there. I am also waiting for a date for my op and I too am scared. BUT hey we have all these wonderful people behind us that are sending their courage vibes so....we will be fine eh?
    Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Elaine
    I was weighed at Wrightington before I had my hip camera, and they use the old weighing chairs, they are from the 1950s../ :eek: and guess what they put 7ibs on me..I am just warning you, I was really upset, and of course they don't believe you.
    You really have done well, keep it up, and has far as being scared, join the club...I should have had my first hip done nearly 2 years ago, I so wish I had gone ahead with it.
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Julie

I know ive done well and im being birdbrain just now I mean havent hit target weight yet!!!
    The people are wonderful..Im thinking maybe what happened at the weekend has shocked me, i dont know....

Elainex
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi elaine

Congratulations on your weiight loss you are doing really well.
    As for your operation I can understand that yyou are now getting nervous. You have wanted this op for soooo long and now you are nearly there. I am also waiting for a date for my op and I too am scared. BUT hey we have all these wonderful people behind us that are sending their courage vibes so....we will be fine eh?
    Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • elainebadknee
    HI Barbara

Oh god...So i need to give myself some leeway is that what youre saying? I mean I get weighed at home and at doctors and they know im not lying but that seems rather pedantic...
    I may be like you yet, putting it off for 2 years i dont know, my heads mashed....

Elainex
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    I was weighed at Wrightington before I had my hip camera, and they use the old weighing chairs, they are from the 1950s../ :eek: and guess what they put 7ibs on me..I am just warning you, I was really upset, and of course they don't believe you.
    You really have done well, keep it up, and has far as being scared, join the club...I should have had my first hip done nearly 2 years ago, I so wish I had gone ahead with it.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You and your parents have had a dreadful shock, that was a rare event for anyone in this day and age to come across, so give yourselves time to recover, keep the diet on track as much as you can and I am sure things will ease for you all soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    Hi DD

Yeah i suppose my silly mind is processing it that way and its ludicrous....But she went in for investigative operation and look what happened....
    I am still dieting and not reaching for the chocolate so thats good...

Elainex
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You and your parents have had a dreadful shock, that was a rare event for anyone in this day and age to come across, so give yourselves time to recover, keep the diet on track as much as you can and I am sure things will ease for you all soon. DD