Severe foot pain???

sahs1969
sahs1969 Member Posts: 3
edited 27. Jun 2011, 03:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I have been experiencing severe foot pain for the past 4 / 6 weeks-getting gradually worse-it is worst in the morning or if I have been sitting for a while-the pain is going up the back of my legs and I really am struggling to walk.
I am 42yrs and a nurse-so can't afford to have sore feet....:(:(
Any advice on where to go from here.....could this be the start of RA?

Thanks
S

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Do you get any swelling or stiffness in your feet or is it only pain? I think your first port of call should be your GP, he is likely to send you for a blood test and maybe an x-ray. As we're not medical professionals here, we can only make suggestions and your best bet would be your GP. If it is arthritis, it's always better to get it treated as early as possible.

In the mean time, you could try an ice pack or a heat pad. It really various from person to person. Personally, neither help my RA but occasionally, I can tolerate an ice pack. Are you on any painkillers?

Take care,
    Sophie
  • sahs1969
    sahs1969 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I have slight swelling in my 2nd toe and it's also gone claw shaped-seeing a foot surgeon for this on Friday-but the pain is so severe to walk-I almost feel like I'm going to be on crutches in the next few days it's that bad.....
    I do take painkillers at night and during the day if needed but these don't make any difference to the pain.
    I have seen my GP and she just said to wait and see the consultant on Fri.
    I will get some bloods done at work tomorrow.
    Thanks
    x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I have pain in one ankle and mine is OA revealed by an x-ray. It is worse when I have been standing on it during day...any gardening or ironing is a killer.
    Good luck with the appointment and let them know how much pain you are in.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Cez
    Cez Member Posts: 46
    Before my RA was diagnosed after affecting my knees, i used to suffer awful pain in my feet, first thing in the morning and then at the end of the day. A friend of mine had Plantar Fasciitis and i thought it was that. It was only when i had my RA tests that they diagnosed the pain in my feet, i have erosions on some of my joint lining and they think the RA originated there. I can't believe i waited so long to go and get it checked and it took until my knees were bad for me to do that.

Whatever it is, the sooner you're having it looked at, the less damage it can do. Good luck!
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    i hope you get it sorted asap, pain is orrible... i've suffered from 2 long bouts of plantar fascilitis and my God does it hurt... close to the arch of the foot...
    i would go to the Gp and get some suitable painkillers and diagnosis xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Good luck at getting this sorted...glad you re seeeing someone with the toes because it could well be connected :???:

Love

Toni xx