Did it!!

Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
edited 27. Jun 2011, 06:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Just a quick post to say, wow :grin: what a fabulous day we all had today :smile: I was a very proud Mum and catechist as all 16 of my candidates (inc my youngest son) made their confirmation in the beautiful sunshine today.
The party after was so good :grin: don't care about payback...that good, totally worth it :grin: I know I've got a helluva clean up job tomorrow but it's been brilliant.
Foot still swollen and ribs raw tonight (hence sitting up at 12am having got up at 6am!) but like I say, totally worth it :grin:

The best news?.... My aunt came to the party...the one that caused such frictions a while back over my PA. I obviously didn't know she was coming, but she did, which I thought took courage, so we had a good 'clear the air chat' and a good cry and all is well. I think I'm learning re the this arthritis thing, about the 'ripple effect' one little pebble causes so many ripples, same with arthritis and families...
Thankyou to all my friends on the forum, for your love, support and kindness. Xxx
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Not being religious I'm not sure exactly what went on, lol.... BUT... I'm very happy for you that it went well, and that your Ain't turned up and things are now good again for the two of you. This disease is bad enough without causing friction with family members & friends eh?

Hope that thee payback fades soon hun..

Be well :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am glad to hear that all went well and that you and your Aunt are friends again. Arthritis touches everyone in a family, it does cause confusion, distress and hurt so it's good that you have sorted it all out. Let's hope the high from yesterday gets you thro today! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Poppy

Well done you :grin:

I am so very pleased that it all went so very well especially the business with your Aunt.

I hope a new understanding has been reached.....life is far too short isn't it?

You rest now and recover with those happy memories to look back on.

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Thats great that things went so well....OK there will be payback but we know and accept that for "nice" things not things like housework overdone :lol:
    You had 16 {inc you youngest son} any other family as canditates?
    You must be proud

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Poppy, I'm proud of you! You've given me new impetus to tackle next weekend which will be tricky for me.

Resolving the thing with your aunt is an added bonus. Really, a great result all round.

If/when arthritis bites back, you know we're here. No recriminations or 'I told you so's.'
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi poppy
    so glad you had such a great day and everything went ok.It does give you a boost and helps you have a frame of mind to face whatever life chucks at you.
    Ron xx
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)