Hello campers!

Options
keith1971
keith1971 Member Posts: 302
edited 28. Jun 2011, 06:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey all,

I'm back from holiday!

Hope you're all doing as well as can be, haven't had a chance yet to check through the message board.

For those that remember I was just starting a flare-up before I left for hols & had a steroid injection in the hope it would calm things down. It didn't!

If anything, things have gotten worse & this is probably the worst I've been since being diagnosed. I'm up to six a day with the sulfa & I'm pretty much a walking aching wreck until my morning diclofenac kicks in around lunchtime. My right hand has been waking me up at night as my pain levels have increased ten fold.....plus I have the added bonus of a pinky finger that's so swollen I can't bend it, makes me very regal when drinking a cup of tea!

Having a blood test on Thursday & my next rheumatology appointment is at the end of July. The next game plan is to stop the sulfa & start on the meth but I'll have to wait until the beginning of August I think.

Anyways, I'm still alive & (gently) kicking....trying to stay positive about everything, which is difficult at times but hey, it could be worse.

Holiday was good but the weather wasn't the best! God I love the British summer time!! :wink:

Here's a wee pic of myself & my pride and joy Conor having a picnic at Land's End.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6hj72v&s=7

x x
315yexv.jpg

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well, that pic put a smile on my face, Keith. Lovely little lad. You must be proud of him.

Sorry the joints got in the way of the holiday to some extent. I hope they can sort something out for you sooner rather than later.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Oh My Dear Keith :shock:

I am so sorry but so glad to see you're still being so positive....those bum jabs dont help me either.....didn't like to say incase yours worked :???:

I love the mental picture you have created of you with your cuppa and posh pinkie!!! :lol:

Do you have any slow release meds available to you? only suggest because you could take something (my arcoxia is 90mg once a day - like your diclos) prevents SOME of that first thing in the morning agony.

Love

Toni xx

Ps your little Bubba is gorgeous!!!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I rememberin the early days, despite copious amounts of meds, my R.A just kept getting worse. I was so frustrated. Methotrexate is stronger and helped me but then I had to keep upping the dose. I hope MTX works for you. It was humira that got me on the road to less pain and stiffness.

That is a lovely photo. I am glad you managed to have a nice time with your family.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • keith1971
    Options
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    keith1971 wrote:

How perfect Keith :wink:

love

Toni xx
  • keith1971
    Options
    Unfortunately Tony! :roll:

How's yourself? Good I hope?

x
    315yexv.jpg
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    What a lovely photo of you and Connor I can see why you're so proud. :grin:

Sorry the jab didn't work but it was worth the go. Hope things calm down soon.

Good to see you back. :grin:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Keith,
    Sorry to hear things have gone downhill for you so quickly. Do you think you could take your last Diclo later in the evening to get you through the night? The little finger sounds painful and you always knock it when it’s like that. I hope the blood test results come through quick and if need be an earlier appointment made for you.

Would one like a cucumber sandwich with your cuppa Sir?? :wink:

Take care,
    I x
  • parrotman
    parrotman Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Glad to see you back mate. Sorry to hear about the aches & pains, I'm sure the Docs will find a winning combo for you and hope it's sooner rather than later!

Just into my 2nd week of MTX.

Cheers John
    P1010005-1.jpg
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi keith
    welcome back from your holiday, wish you could have left arthur behind, under a rock eh?
    Sorry that the steroid didn't work for you and you are feeling rough.
    I hope that when you see the rhummy peeps they offer you mtx and that it works for you.

What a lovely photo of yourself and conor.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Keith, welcome back from your holidays! Your picture has made my day! He is a mini you! including the leather jacket!
    I'm so sorry your are still suffering from your 'flare up' I can totally feel your pain! what with me going through a flare up at the moment. Well take care, glad your back safe and sound, And give the little one a big ((HUG)) from me! Keep smiling Keith we will get through this 'flare up' together!! :smile: Amanda/bubbadog.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Keith and welcome back! Glad you had a nice holiday and what a lovely picture of you and Conor! :grin:

So sorry though that things are not good arthritis wise and that the steroid didn't work for you. End of July seems quite a long time to wait to move things forward Keith - given that you see your Rheumatology chappie privately, is there any chance of an earlier appt d'you think?

Saw your other post about painkillers. Can't advise you there I'm afraid but I wonder whether you/your GP/ rheumatologist would consider a short course of oral steroids to tide you over until the meth starts to do its stuff? I hesitate to mention this because, although I haven't come across anyone (I don't think) for whom oral steroids don't help, they are seductive little beggars and, because they can help so much, it can be difficult to give up once you start (and believe me I know :sad:). But then I don't think painkillers are an easy option either, specially when you start getting up to the stronger ones, so in my view it's a case of which is the best option for you at the time.

In terms of trying to stay positive Keith, we all know how hard that can be but do remember that you are just at the beginning of all this really and you still have lots of DMARD options available to you. Unfortunately it is often a roller-coaster ride to find out what works for you but I know it can be a long haul when you feel so bad.

Good luck at the GPs later in the week Keith.

Thinking of you (and think the theme tune is most apt!).

Love Tilly xxx