today

Options
glynis87
glynis87 Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Jun 2011, 03:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello

Today I went to yoga for the first time, hoping that it might help with my joint problems as long as I don't overdo it! Also went to see the GP. I wrote everything down, including my questions and the outcome is blood tests, x-rays of my hands and a change of painkillers. Oh, and he is going to refer me for the GP referral exercise programme so I will know what to do and not overdo it.

So a good day :) Thank you all for your support!

Glynis

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good for you, Glynis. Good news always welcome here. Thanks for telling us.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Glynis :grin:

That is brilliant news :grin: So much more upbeat than your posting to the helplines on the 25th.

Really pleased that you are having a good day, felt strong at your appointment,your GP listened to you and now you and your gp have a plan worked out.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Glynis..

Glad you were armed and ready at your appointment..The ball is finally rolling..
    How did you find yoga??
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Glynis,

Great news and well done for getting your dr to listen to you. I hope you enjoyed your Yoga class and will find you get some good results from it. I found the breathing exercises a great help and I met some lovely people there too, so win win for me.

Lv, I x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The very best of luck with the yoga, I hope it helps but try not to push yourself too far. The breathing techniques are a great way to deal with pain, I often use triangular breathing or square, then for the really bad times I use diaphragmatic breathing. I am glad to hear about the bloods and Xrays, and I hope the new dullers have a better effect - but remember they only take off the edge but hopefully a bigger slice of it! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning glynis

Glad your gp app went ok and that he is looking after you with xrays and bloods etc.
    Hope you enjoyed the yoga and that you are not too stiff this morning from doing it.
    I hope it helps you.
    Take care
    Juliepf x