Weekly bin collection

Options
Seabreeze
Seabreeze Member Posts: 25
edited 3. Jul 2011, 04:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone,

It is too difficult for me to move my large wheelie bin from my front garden onto the pavement. It has to be pulled up 3 stairs and is too heavy so I have phoned the council and they are sending me stickers to put on the bins and they will collect the bins from my front garden and hopefully put them back in the garden. Anyone else use this facility?

Maria.

Comments

• katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    no but then i have a oh who's obsessed with recycling everything so we dont have a lot of rubbish...what makes me laugh is the fact that the recycling in ashford is not very good so he drives it about 8 miles to recycle i dont think hes heard of carbon footprints lol
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hmmm recycle is a load of old twoddle isn't it, why not burn the stuff and make some energy out of it, s lot of it gets dumped in the 3rd world anyway it's just one big money making game in my book,better off tackling the packaging side of thing, s a lot of stuff is so well packed up you risk injury trying to get at it, why so much flippin plastic in everything?.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    Hi Maria.
    we have the assistance card where you put in in the window on rubbish and the recycling box day and they come and take them and empty them and bring them back to our door
    we have block paving and i cannot take them to the road.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Here in Faversham recycling is very good,although if we had all the various bins available we would have no room in our garden for plants!
    Hi katknapp I had heard that recycling was not good in Ashford,yet we are just up the road from you,how Council policies differ.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I am not sure but we don't have any steps to get the bin out. What really annoys me is the recycling...... i am all for it but it should be all collected like it is in Germany. There was your black bin for all rubbish that could not be recycled, green for all veg matter/garden waste, glass and a yellow plastic bag that all your plastic containers went from your house along with tins and cartoons. Card and paper went out and was collected too. Most drinks are sold in glass and you bought a crate, which you paid for but all you did was take it to the shop and just picked up a full crate of drinks... brilliant. Your could also return containers to shops you bought goods from for them to recycle. If they can do .....why can't we???
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Maria

My mum is in north london and I contacted her borough council as there was no way she could pull/carry the bins to the pavement. Someone from the council paid my mum a visit and had a chat with her. All her bins are at the front of the bungalow and the binmen collect, empty and return them.

There were a few hiccups to begin with, but soon all went well.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm very lucky between my OH and my next door neighbour our bins are done with out hastle very othre week!
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    We have dumpsters at the end of our road Emptied 4 times a week grat system YVicve Espana :lol::lol::lol:
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Up here in Newcastle I think its quite sensible
    Green Bin for rubbish, collected every week,
    Blue bin for recycling with black tub in top - glass and batteries in the top - everything else in the main bin - collected every fortnight
    I'd be happy for the reverse tho - Rubbish collected fortnightly/ recycling weekly as ours is always bursting and now we don't have nappies in the house the main bins quite empty.
    My hubby puts them out and our cleaner brings them in, if hubby's not here we miss a week no biggy - we are lucky ours go in a back lane down the back of the terrace so its far to take them and no biggy if they don't come straight back in

I couldn't take them out even if they were light enough as I can't open the back gate (bolt is too high, can lift my arms that high :sad: )
    Chrissie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    We have a long long way to take our bins.....we are at the end of a funny little bit - the last of 4 houses.

I do however have 3 able bodied kids to help.

Our recyc goes fine and a family of five - fortnightly collection....never been able to fill it yet :wink:

Love

Toni xx