edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The wardrobe.........hope i dont get pulled into narnia :shock: :lol:

juliepf x
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    a little bit of shopping for my little girls party,need a pinata buster and blindfold, then home and rest as im grumpy and in pain today damn weather!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I have not had my breakfast yet, but have fed the fish, and watered the pots in the garden. After that, stretching exercises, tidy up, make two GF cakes for my son, iron his shirts that I brought home yesterday, do some trimming back of shrubs in the garden. Not particularly in that order except for the exercises. From 2pm onwards I must stay in as John Lewis are delivering an office chair and taking the damaged one away that was delivered 8 days ago.

Nothing exciting but fine by me :grin:

Elna x :grin:
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    I'm babysitting a teething 8 month old :???: lots cold apple slices in the fridge ready :lol: I am looking forward to cuddles and big smiles though :grin: xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I'm just about to go to my art class which is run by my local group of AC. I thoroughly enjoy it, and have made lots of good friends there.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    Today I started my 1st "official" morning of voluntary work. I worked from 9 - 12 at a wonderful place called Cherry Tree Nursery, (a sheltered work opportunities project). It's run by and for people with enduring mental health problems and is a haven of peace, tranquility and wonderful people. I'll be doing 2 mornings a week, answering phones and some admin work and I love every moment. Just feeling useful again is fantastic. This afternoon I'm going to be a couch potato until my grandson comes home from school. Then we're cooking a spag bol together before he goes out for a walk with his dad.
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Teef

dentsit with youngest for a checkup

then orthodontist pm with same child to have brace fixed :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    well done Sue.well i thought about weeding but didnt want to disturb the birds then sorted the ironing into different piles now im back to jeremy kyle. :roll:
  • mig
    Options
    isnt all junk?Mig
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    I have done nothing that I originally thought about doing today :!: Instead I took my mum to have her feet sorted out,then I took her and my dad to town,mooched about bought a wooly jumper in the sale ready to put by for the winter,looked longingly at new carpets and rugs for my little bungalow but can't afford either as I need new fire first.It's so good to be so close to my lovely parents,now I am reading all your messages instead of ironing,gardening,sorting through the many boxes still to be unpacked :!: Oh well tomorrows another day :smile: Mirabella
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Went to work, came home put a roast in oven now doing ironing (well having a five minute break) then gonna hit the wine!!!! I teach so only another week then big holidays, whoop! x
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • elnafinn
    Options
    I accomplished all I wanted to do today so am a happy bunny :grin:

Now a glass of white and home-made quiche warming up in the oven. Salads ready to go :grin: Beetroot, new tatties, green bean (in salad dressing) from the allotment. :smile: Lettuce and tomatoes not.

Bon appetite even if I say it myself :grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Ankyspond wrote:
    Went to work, came home put a roast in oven now doing ironing (well having a five minute break) then gonna hit the wine!!!! I teach so only another week then big holidays, whoop! x

Well done for getting to the end of the school year ( and you still seem remarkably sane, considering :!: :grin: ) You deserve that wine, and enjoy your holidays. :grin:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    Options
    I am going to make some bread and two date cakes. :grin: It is raining and I am happy :):grin:

Elna x

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I've been doing nothing, mainly because my back is killing me, can't seem to get rid of the pain even tabs are not properly working.

I have had my younger brother around, so I did make a couple of cups of tea. But now resting and waiting to take the next lot of pain relief.

Sorry, shouldn't be saying this really on this section, my apologies to all.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Karen

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling at all good today. Back pain most certainly does bring one down. Had sciatica for a year before some injections cured it (touch wood) and know how that affected me at times.

Why not post on this section - that has been your day, unfortunately.
    I hope you get to feel a little better soon.

Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Today I shall be mainly washing my bits
    Did you get your bits dried in the sunshine this afternoon? :wink:

Elna x

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Today I shall be mainly washing my bits
    Did you get your bits dried in the sunshine this afternoon? :wink:

Elna x
    :shock: ere the very thought of it.....I have been unpacking.....wish I was packing instead :grin: oh and I have been counting my tomatoes....first ones Iv grown....there are at least 37.. :grin::grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    oh Barbara, I do love the old home grown veg. When we go to see Tonies parents they do all their own veg and fruit, and we love it. Far better taste.

Have you grown anything else.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Barbara

So pleased you had a good holiday. :grin: Unpacking is the worst isn't it? We are looking forward to homegrown toms. Ian says in about a couple of weeks - the plants are in the greenhouse. Cannot beat a homegrown tom! Yum :grin:

Love
    Elna x

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Karen and Elna
    One of my neighbours gave me the plants, so I went out and bought a plastic greenhouse, well two actually, the first one they outgrow it only cost £12 and the second one I bought cost £20 and is 6ft high...with shelves on one side
    I have lots of strawberries in hanging baskets....and I grow most of my own herbs....now our Elna is in another league.. :grin::grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Joan,

There have been days I have been close to losing my sanity but just made it. You also have a great summer, hopefully we will get some nice weather. X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I'm thinking of posting on this thread,but decided not to................ :?:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • mig
    Options
    whats the empty box for?is it collapsible so you can pack it?are you going to bring it back full?of what i ask.have a fab holiday.Mig