work and the amazing disappearing member of staff.

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 21. Jul 2011, 15:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
while i am here i will also have a moan about work...
Some of the class teachers are moving classes so everything moves with them...and i do mean everything. Paper, pencils, white boards paints, paint brushes, their files which is loads..... The teacher i work with this year is one of them. I would like to add not working with him next year and he is moving out of the main building into the hut. So i with 2 other staff have moved all the kit. The teachers TA for next year........ has not been seen, not walked through our classroom like she does normal, vanished. (I actually asked another member of staff if she was in.) NO she has kept her head down and avoided helping. Very clever on reflection.....i now have mug firmly stamped on my forehead. One the ladies who helped me mention her lad was moving and needed boxes....i bought boxes in to move the kit which the stuff has been moved in....are you with me so far????? Ummm do i empty the boxes, in the cupboard and give the boxes to this kind hearted member of staff and leave a mess in the cupboard???? Opps this has turned from a moan to a answer and question time :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    you do not need the boxs it not your stuff people are making use of you if you go empty the boxs they will expect you to fill them again with some one elses stuff teachers get paid enough to do there own moving they got 6 weeks holiday to do it in surely they can find time to do it with out getting some one else to do the work for them they have no pride if the expect others to sort things for them help by all meens but not do the job for them they will let you if they are lazy it shows what type of teacher they are val
    val
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    sorry i posted my vote before i read the story lol..

I think they are quite capable of doing it themselves..they need to get there lazy asses in order..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    I bought boxes in to move the kit which the stuff has been moved in
    They are your boxes, so you can do what want with them.

I suggest that you just dump the stuff in the cupboard as it will never be in the right order anyway for some people. Then give the boxes to the lady's son, because you would be an even bigger mug for leaving them at work.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Lupin

How things have changed :!: :shock: When I was teaching, I moved classrooms many times, taking all the equipment with me. I wouldn't have expected anyone to do this for me, but used to get the children to help, which they usually enjoyed.

If the teacher hasn't done any of the work himself, he doesn't deserve to have everything left neatly in boxes in the cupboard. I would just empty them and leave him to sort it out.

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Lupin

I would put the stuff which can be put away tidily - paper for instance and give those boxes to the NICE lady :grin:

l do rather tend to compromise :oops:
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    I'd like to say I agree with Toni because she's always so sensible and kind.

But I'm not, so I say empty the boxes upside down on the floor and give them to the person you promised them to :D Will make you feel better, I promise!

Nxx
  • lupin15
    Options
    umm i feel better today....managed to take down all the displays in and outside the classroom, stuff of all the windows, hanging stuff down .... in in 1 hour and 40 mins.... that was with some help from a couple of children with taking paper to the bin, de blue tac-ing items . Stuff taken down i must admit was thrown into a pile or box and thrown into the cupboard in the hut.
    Beat the class next door by miles.... smug look on my face...went home knackered but pleased with myself.
    Going to check with the girl tomorrow to see if her lad needs the boxes..if he does going to empty some...his need is greater and the stuff has been moved. Only 3 more get ups.....
  • valval
    Options
    well done it always nice to see job well done val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    NinaKKang wrote:
    I'd like to say I agree with Toni because she's always so sensible and kind.

But I'm not, so I say empty the boxes upside down on the floor and give them to the person you promised them to :D Will make you feel better, I promise!

Nxx

Oh NINA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a065.gif

I love your honesty :grin:
  • NinaKKang
    Options
    I'm nothing if not honest, Toni and she did ask what we'd do, not the right thing to do :D

My daughter's best friend was unceremoniously dumped by her boyfriend last week - he got his mate to tell her she was dumped and to return the necklace he'd given to her for her birthday. She was in tears to my daughter on the phone and MSN.... until I joined them both from my laptop and told them to break the necklace before giving it back to him in front of all his mates with the words "oh sorry, it broke, must have been a cheap one" :D

Nxx
  • lupin15
    Options
    well couldn,t get to the boxes but the rest of the stuff has been just dumped into the cupboard... Well i was told to move it and i have....When she opens the cupboard in September her face WILL BE A PICTURE...
    Ah ...she cannot even get in..... bless. she will have to take everything out bit by bit and then sort and replace back.....should take her ages... Shame i am going to be rushed off my feet on the staff training days !!!!!!
  • valval
    Options
    good for you she taking the micheal so do not give in stay strong wish we could have pic of her face lazy so and so val
    val
  • NinaKKang
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    well couldn,t get to the boxes but the rest of the stuff has been just dumped into the cupboard... Well i was told to move it and i have....When she opens the cupboard in September her face WILL BE A PICTURE...
    Ah ...she cannot even get in..... bless. she will have to take everything out bit by bit and then sort and replace back.....should take her ages... Shame i am going to be rushed off my feet on the staff training days !!!!!!

OUTSTANDING!! Good combination of everyone's advice :D
    Nxx