Neck problems/memory foam pillow!

Options
tiggernut
tiggernut Member Posts: 339
edited 26. Jul 2011, 14:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone have a memory foam pillow?
Does it help with neck problems?
I was going to buy one but they feel quite hard. I have always had a feather pillow so I can mould it round my neck but lately I am waking with the worst headache and I thought it could be the pillow.
I have tried those shaped neck pillows in the past but couldn't get on with them.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Anita.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I used to wake up with migrainey type headaches until I got my shaped memory foam one. Not had one since and take it everywhere with me.

If you put 'memory foam pillow' into the search engine at the top of the page there's quite a bit of stuff on them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    did not help me to hard but not tried the shaped one val
    val
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi, the shaped one every time, and it's not worth skimping on a cheap one either.
    I know they feel hard but believe me they are soooo comfy.
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    I got mine from Argos. It's not shaped....just a pillow. Cost me about £35 but worth every penny. I used to get terrible neck pain from time to time. Now I never get it at all. (Touch wood)
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    l have a shaped on too and thought l didn't get on with it until.....

my neck 'went' good and proper :shock:

I gave in and tried it (for more than a couple of nights as l had before), and also take it everywhere with me - l have had two so far.

Love and hopeful hugs

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Mine is a shaped memory foam one too and, like the others, I take it everywhere with me like a comfort blanket :roll:. Did take a while to get used to but the support it gives compared to a normal pillow is really helpful. They can be quite expensive but well worth it I feel.

Tilly xxx
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    Options
    I have tried a few and found that after a few months the shaped ones end up not shaped... they just sag and don't support me at all.

The current one I have isn't shaped, can't remember the make but it's very comfy. Arg0s have a lot of choices at reasonable prices but even with their 14 day guarantee you can't take a pillow back if it's not in the original packaging - a pain if they come shrink wrapped like one I bought once - but if not leave it in its wrapper and try it with a pillow case on it...
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i have a shaped one and it is fab. ive had it a while now and no problems with it at all. i got mine from a tv shopping channel, it is called a clo*d pillow( think of the big white fluffy things in the sky, or in our case big grey things about to dump a load of rain lol)

worth looking at and concidering. takes a couple of days to get used to but i cant manage without mine now.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I've never had a problem with mine either. In fact I have 2 - keep one at my son's & both are still as good as ever.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies guys. I don't know what to do now, Shaped or not that is the question.
    Whatever happens I will confirm I can return it just in case.