Recognised no cure - so...

Options
mouseymousey
mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
edited 21. Jul 2011, 09:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I am reading the reports from Parliament. I notice someone tabled a suggestion that because Autism has no cure people shouldn't have to fill in forms to ask about their condition. I am highly sympathetic to people with the condition - BUT- brother what a missed opportunity! How many people in the UK have Arthritis, how many forms must we generate every year between us. Wouldn't you think someone would take us under their wing and recognise this too? The cynic in me thinks it is because Arthritis just isn't trendy enough.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't understand this. What forms shouldn't people have to fill in?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mouseymousey
    Options
    http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmedm/110719e01.htm

That's the link above. How about DLA? Blue Badge? IS? I've been filling these in at various intervals for about 15 years. Can't be just me surely!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I must be missing something here, mouseymousey. I clicked on the link and it does say something about a motion on the delivery of social care but I can't see anything about forms or autism.
    Steven Wright
  • mouseymousey
    Options
    You have to tab down its about half way.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    OK found it. My guess is this is to do with schools, special needs etc as it does specifically talk about parents of autistic children and says nothing of autistic adults.
    Steven Wright
  • jayneys
    jayneys Member Posts: 122
    Options
    I so agree MOUSEY ,......Most people find arth. very untrendy and borering ,soon as you say arthritus thay swich off ,its the most untrendy illness on the planet and very few people understand it or want to .Lets face it if we did not have it we would be the same .But like you think woudent it be good if some one would take us under there wing and help.ALL THE BEST JAYNE