Expiry date!!!

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 30. Jul 2011, 12:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
We had a problem with our hot water/central heating system a few days ago (fortunately we have a service contract and didn't have the prospect of a hefty bill!).
We suspected the problem was a faulty time clock/programmer and reported the problem to the company with our suspicions.The next day the engineer arrived and confimed what we thought.
He removed the faulty programmer and his next statement really shocked me,''JUST AS I THOUGHT IT'S PASSED IT'S EXPIRY DATE''............. :shock:
He showed us the unit a label stated 'expires 2010'.Apparently the units only have a shelf life of 2 years,our replacement unit will have an expiry date of 2013 (when it comes in,needless to say he didn't have one with him!!
How many other electrical components have this apparently built in short life and will have to be replaced.Sounds like one great con to me............. :evil
Has anyone else come across this?
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ron
    I should have thought expiry or not it should be covered with the contract...thats why you take them out.....
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Ron
    I should have thought expiry or not it should be covered with the contract...thats why you take them out.....
    ooh that was my 6ooo post.... :shock: :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Ron
    ooh that was my 6ooo post.... :shock: :grin:

well done barbara
    val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I have an expiry date on my bum! Therefore my **** is out of date. The rest of me is pretty awesome though :grin:

yeh right :green
    val
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Yes we have a lot of expiry dates The filters in the water softeners and osmosis units Batteries in the alarm system Jets in the oil heating system Not to mention filters etc in the car :evil :evil :evil
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I have an expiry date on my bum! Therefore my **** is out of date. The rest of me is pretty awesome though :grin:

Where the hell have you been you silly old duffer?, I did hear you had a fatwah taken out on you by Rupert Murdoch as you'd gone underground as a counter phone hacker in the name of justice and fredom and had found out he was actually the love child of Stalin and Carmon Miranda so was up for the chop big time!, so what really happened then??, don't tell me you were locked in the potting shed by demeintia again?.