MEDS

Options
sbolam
sbolam Member Posts: 374
edited 21. Jul 2011, 04:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
when i had my Atos medical back in April and told it how it was...I was shocked to see that, were I stated what meds I was taking 50mg Diclofenac 3 times a day and 30/500 Cocodamol 2 3 times a a day, that he listed them as LOW DOSE...concidering I started off on paracetamol and ibpufen (sorry about the spelling) and the gels and 8/500 cocods and so on...

any my question are 50mg diclofenac and 30/500 cocods concidered low dose...

this really just my curiousity getting me..
04_pain.jpg

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Stephen,

thats a difficult one really as they are 3xa day at 50mg and the slow release are either once or 2x a day at 75mg so its the standard dose.

I don't know about the codos.... Back in the days i was on that type I think they were the old distalgesics and I could eat them like smarties to no avail so wasn't one them long and went to the df118's and I have no idea what they became but they became something else for sure....

Generic drugs eh?!

Maybe the diclos are low rate on pain relief but they are good anti-inflammatories for sure and its the usual dose so isn't low.

These Atos folk have their own genders to fail as many as possible and they haven't got a clue from what folk have said here..... Its all wrong and the system is twisted.

Its the normal dose so it can't be low really can it? see their own world ..... Idiots I think actually but i hate folk having to jump through so many hoops. Cris x
  • sbolam
    Options
    well I know the f-ing pain sure does not feel low dose..but I do believe its all a play on words for them, and I hope when I go to the tribunal, they will see it.

I know when i was taking ibuprofen, i was taking them like sweets..i was just glad my gp gve me something that actually works

I was really just interested if they were or not.
    04_pain.jpg
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    From what I can remember the SR {2 x day} are 75mg = 150mg a day and that is the max dose??

Love
    Hileena
  • sbolam
    Options
    I did point out that in my letter of appeal...think they are just playing with peoples heads..

hoping they will just go away...its wrong just wrong.
    04_pain.jpg