pain?????

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 23. Jul 2011, 09:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
ok back ground have inflimation arthiritus(as far as doc and rhummy have got with diagnosis)
have had trouble with inflamed joints on and off for about 6 years eventually getting to stage where had to do some thing about it couple of years ago.
the thing is the last couple of weeks been getting all the symptoms of sevear pain shaking, naushus muscle spasums aching etc but the pain missing it not at same level it should be at for these symptoms i thought it one off but although feel far from well (stiff, aching and exhaused most of time) am not feeling the same levels of pain can your brain turn it down ?????.
am i cracking up? or what is going on any one any idea?????
positive is used hardly any pain meds have been taking ibuprophen which could be helping for inflamed sturnum which even when muscles were in spasam did not cause pain just uncomphy and could not breath deeply
thanks val
val

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I wish I could help, Val, but this is a new one on me. In fact the symptoms you describe - shaking, nausea and muscle spasms - I've only ever really experienced as a result of some kind of serious shock.

I hope others can be of more use but I wouldn't just accept it if it were me. I'd be down at the docs.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    Options
    this only happens when pain very bad(well used to be) it as if nerve endings have been turned down oh well will prob be back to doc as not at rhymmy till dec val
    val
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I would def go the doc with this one. I do get shaking and muscle spasms, it is a kind of muscle fatigue. It doesn't hurt, but means rest and more rest for me.

Best to get it checked though, in case you have an infection etc.

Take care
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Val,

I get the shakes occasionally , mine is normally associated with my pain levels, i can often feel it coming, i go nauseas,clammy and really weak, i stop what ever i am doing and compose myself..
    I would deffinately mention to doc luvie.. see what they say..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Val

It is def doctor time. You shouldn't have to be going through this, so make an appointment Val, please.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

Its horrible isn't it? I get it a fair bit but mine does have increased pain, or increased sensitivity to the normal pain I don't know which.

Well worth asking about it cus it might be something else and easily helped (vertigo does that to me as well as the pain though with that I am always really sick for hours on end)

I think it might be worth seeing if you can see the rumo before December as well flower if its possible. It might be you could do with ether a change in tablets or an add in but for now take them if you need to or not and hopefully it will make it all a bit easier for you. Leaving a bucket of hope and a (((( )))) cris xx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    You can self manage pain. Go on an ac Challenging Pain course.
    It's well worth it.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Val
    Im not going to be much help, but im so glad the pain isnt has bad, I do hope the rheumy can give you some answers
    You take care, and how is your dad doing.
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    dad doing ok thanks he getting breathless again they got to take him back in as regulating the rythum did not work so going to give it another go but waiting for appointment. yes not needed pain meds for couple of weeks which is amazing val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    Mckay wrote:
    Well i want to share my problem and i am new in the forum and hope i will be advised well. I have chest pain problem whenever i drink any juice with empty stomach right after playing or workout i feel plenty of pain on my chest. I haven't concluded what is that? Can someone tell me what should i do?

hi not a doc, but sounds like acid reflux juice quite acid and empty stomache will not work well together r u on any meds they could also react with stomache causing it to be more suseptible to acid best bet ask doc val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    How are you today, Val? Any change? Hope it's a bit better.

By the way, I agree with your diagnosis about McKay's chest pain after juice. Shall we go into business together???
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Val

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing today. I do hope better and more comfortable.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    Options
    hi all feeling ok today still minimal pain but shattered for some reason feel like going to sleep so trying to keep awake till bed time might not make it :smile:

val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    How are you today, Val? Any change? Hope it's a bit better.

By the way, I agree with your diagnosis about McKay's chest pain after juice. Shall we go into business together???

ok we will do as well as some of the docs thought better give a reply as not many will see it on here val
    val
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Is it any better Val?

Let me know when your doc service is up and running, I will join. I bet you will be nicer than many of the docs! :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Me too!!

Are you taking on new patients Val???

Hope you are a bit better today??

was sorry to read you had been so rough. To be honest l get totally shattered when l have a flare - and l mean that - CANNOt stay awake.

Love

Toni xx