Hobnobbing with the aristocracy

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 21. Jul 2011, 18:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've been hobnobbing with the aristocracy this week. :grin:

Firstly, I was honoured to meet three members of the forum on Sunday ( Nina, Del, and Rehab ) all of whom are like forum royalty to me :grin: They are all wonderful people- intelligent, funny, and altogether brilliant to know. We had a great time, with non-stop chat and lots of laughter- a truly memorable occasion :grin:

Secondly, yesterday I met Earl Spencer ( Princess Diana's brother ) at Althorp while on a visit there. He was signing books in the shop, but was very friendly with everyone, regardless of whether they bought a book or not. He shook hands with me and my friends and asked us where we were from, and we all thought he was very handsome and charming. It was an unexpected and quite exciting bonus to the trip :grin:

All this in the space of a few days :!: :shock: I must add that meeting the Earl wasn't nearly as thrilling as meeting Nina, Del, and Rehab though :grin:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do remember it well :!: :grin: Only you could make an entrance like that :lol: Very handsome and debonair you looked too :grin:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Joan you had better stop now....Rehab wont get his head through the door.. :lol:
    Glad you enjoyed your visit to Althorp, and shaking hands with Earl Spencer...bet Rehab was more interesting.. :wink:
    Love
    Barbara
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Hello everyone

Glad you've had a fun few days, Joan - I've always quite fancied the Earl of Spencer myself, very dishy :D

Had a busy few days myself - saw Harry Potter and had tea with the girls and my friend on Saturday night. Had a 5 hour lunch on Sunday with Joan, Del and Len on Sunday (GREAT fun), then I had the girls from work over on Monday night for a meal, drinks, and general abuse of the system in which we all work :D

I'm also out on Saturday night, my friend is having a cocktails in the garden party. Then on Monday, it's the anniversary of our registry office wedding. Before you ask, yes, Sunny IS taking me out for a meal :D I've told him to.

Nxx

PS - party the weekend after too! Never had such a busy social life!
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Barbara- you're right, Rehab was FAR more interesting :grin: ( Do you think he might give me 10 on the Grump thread if I keep this up :?: :lol: )

Nina- I never had much time for Earl Spencer in the past, but yes, he is quite dishy and very friendly.

Glad to hear that your social life is flourishing so well, and congratulations to you and Sunny on your wedding anniversary on Monday :grin:

Joan