Flaring and fever?

Options
suzygirl
suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
edited 22. Jul 2011, 11:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, yet another flare. I am sure I flare more than not, so flare may not be an accurate description! :lol: :roll:

Anyway, I find the fevers that accompany my flares really troublesome, they wipe me out. I find I am dizzy, spaced out and find it difficult to stand due to that, let alone the pain. Joints on fire and very painful.

Any tips for managing the fever? I have physio tomorrow, and if I am no better, not quite sure how it will go. :???:

Do you all get the fever so badly or am I am wimp? I get the sore throat feeling as well, as if you are coming dowm with the flu. Glands up, but they always are when I ma inflamed. Shivering, cold yet hot cos of joints. It just all seems to get worse each time I flare. Can't wait for the rheumy appt.

Tips appreciated or else just tell me to stop being such a baby!!!! :lol:

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh suzy you poor sausage.

I am so sorry you are having such a dreadful flare - and you are definitely NOT being a baby! I really don't know what to suggest. Although when things are not good joint wise I tend to feel very much as if I am going down with anything, I am lucky in that I don't get full-on fevers like you do. As I say, I don't know what to suggest but I am thinking of you and really hoping this passes soon.

Lots of love and ((()))S

Tillyxxx
  • suzygirl
    Options
    Aaw, thanks Tilly have just read your post and am outraged on your behalf. I am only 39 but have a dicky heart thanks to lupus. :roll: It is a worry, thanks for taking the time to reassure me, when you are so upset.

What we have to put up with is no joke, eh? :shock:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Suzy you are not a baby, it must be awful, I have OA and I dont get flares has such, saying that I do get all hot before my joints start but I put it down to antiinflams.
    You snuggle down on the settee and and get some rest
    Sorry Im not being much help here, but please take care, and here are some hugs ((((())))
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi can not be much help to you but did want to say it awfull when things like this happen and when in a flare every thing seems so much worse and we all feel unable to cope from time to time but we help each other through thick and thin.i hope you feel better soon val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Suzygirl

The fever is very much part of it isn't it?

I hope you are not on co-cos for the pain?? Because l find paracetamol the best thing for keeping my temperature down and therefore the symptoms of the fever at bay.

Hope physio goes/has gone ok

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Suzy
    How are you feeling this morning, I hope you managed to get some sleep..
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzygirl
    Options
    Thanks all, I take tramadol and MST for the pain. Spent yesterday in bed. Am going to try and stay awake for the phyio appt. It is just mad the amount of things arfur affects. I hate not being on top of things and feel so guilty for being bed bound this week. I worry about my boys and my hubby and all the things I can't do. I find being upstairs easier as downstairs I stress too much about all that needs doing. :oops:

It certainly isn't easy, but thank you all so much for your support. :grin:
  • claircoult
    claircoult Member Posts: 62
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better today. I get similar symptoms too but no-one has ever taken them seriously. Do you know what causes them? The doctors I've seen just brush it off as being ME or a virus but I do get random fevers when no-one else in the family get ill.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't help, Suzygirl. I don't remember ever getting fevers and sore throats, just general fluey sort of stuff. I hope it all clears up soon. One thing I can say for certain is that you are no wimp.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suzygirl
    Options
    Thanks SW, hope you are doing ok. I just come back from physio with a new 3 wheeled walker. It is so much better than the crutches, hopefully once I have swallowed my pride and embarrassment :oops: I shall be able to get about more.

Claircoult, mine is part of my disease, I have a few things and the fever is to do with the inflammation. Has your doc done bloods?

They physio could see I wasn't well today :oops: . I think she was wondering who the sweaty, dishevelled heap in the corner was! :shock: So she just got me used to the walker.

It is so nice to log on and have all your support, it makes me feel less alone. Today is the only day I have been out this week, and that was to physio!!! Exhausted now, going for a nap!! :lol:

Thanks again, guys, it is much appreciated.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hey, I hope you and your new walker will be a wheely good team. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) My Mum refused to have one for ages but once she got one we couldn't prise it out of her hands. She loved it. Don't be embarassed about it, Suzygirl. I know I felt self-conscious the first time I used a wheelchair but, really, no-one's looking at you at all. If it enables you to do more with less pain it seems like a great idea to me. I'll look forward to reading of your exploits.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright