I Did it now i'm shattered

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 22. Jul 2011, 15:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I managed to get to my aunties funeral today. :eek: and am very pleased with myself for managing it. I went out by cab at 8.45 this morning as I knew I would not make it by public transport due to the time of day. It all went well and I went back to the house with the family for a couple of hours, and sat looking through old photo's and reminicing with them. then made my way home by bus. now i'm having a nice rest wih a nice cuppa. I will Proberbly suffer tomorrow wth lots of pain by oh well it will be worth it. :roll: :roll:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done Carol, I'm so glad you managed to get to your aunties funeral, I was thinking of you and hoping all would go well, and also that you went back to the house and reminisced with family, it's so important to mourn as a family and remember the good times together.
    I hope payback misses you! thinking of you Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Carol

I am very proud that you managed to get to the funeral and to go back with family and spend some time with them.

I do hope your pay-back is going to be minimal.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Good for you, Turbogran. It must have been quite some effort which is a tribute both to you and to your auntie. I hope you don't suffer for it tomorrow. Just have a lazy day. You've earned it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thank you Sticky Karen and Poppy :smile:
    I am hoping payback may be minimal or even miss me we shall see. It was really nice to be members of the family some that I have not seen for ages and ages. And remenice with my other aunt and uncle and all my cousins about days gone by. There were plenty of tears at the service and laughter after too. And sticky yes it was a real effort but I was so determined to go that I think my determination took over this morning and luckily for me pain eased quickly. I mean to have relaxed easy day tomorrow. I even managed to only shed a few tears at the service when one of my aunties great nieces read or should i say cried a tribute to her and made everybody cry with her because she was so upset.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    carol well done it great to do the things you set your mind on so be proud and rest up tomorrow just in case val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Carol
    You should be really proud of yourself, I know I am, you must be shattered, the one thing I like about funerals..is the reminiscing after...well the only thing really.. :roll: but it does bring a sought of... cant think of the word...mi brains gone.. :roll: you know what I mean..
    You have a good weekend and pamper yourself...
    Heres some hugs for you (((((()))))
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thanks val and Barbara
    I am proud of myself Barbara I am shattered but today gave me a lot of satisfaction. and the pain I have at the moment is the achy type
    you get when you are weary. not the really bad bad pain.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Well done Carol
    I bet you think you have really acheived something and it must be nice reminicing wih others.......Of course you should mourn at a funeral but the other way to look at it is you're celebrating the persons life not mourning their death
    Well done you

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    that great to hear you would have felt awfull if you could not make it shame some one could not have given you lift home some people just do not think do they val
    val