Blubbing at physio

Options
Melrymax
Melrymax Member Posts: 226
edited 23. Jul 2011, 17:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well yet another physio apptmemt today and have been down about pain etc and I spoke to her about pain being worse and I'm struggling she done a few tests (poking, prodding, twisting and pushing my legs... You know ..... Just to make me that bit more sore!) she then came up with this inflammation thing that has a big word. And put me under a little machine thing for 20 mins and said if that doesn't work after 2-3 goes then she will refer me to orthopaedics. I am finding her more helpful than the doc and she has explained everything to me with the potential of an op which if possible we want to avoid due to my age..... Apparently I'm young. But I feel about 80 lol.
But I am glad that there is some sort of plan in place now so I know where I may be heading instead of visiting physio every few weeks and feeling that it is an endless process. Also some good news ...... The range of movement I have now is slot better than when I started physio :). Still doesn't stop the pain though ! X

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Afternoon Merylmax

I am so sorry you are struggling but it does sound as if you have got a good physio there. As you say, doesn't take the pain away but I always find things easier to cope with if understand what's what and have a plan in place to move things forward.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    a good physio is worth there weight in gold val
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi there

You keep going, it is very rare to actually find a physio who is willing to help in this way.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm glad you've found a good physio, Mel. I've had several brilliant ones in my time and one pure waste of space. The pain is always more tolerable if you can see the results. Hope it all continues to go well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi mel

sounds like a plan to me too!

I prefer a plan...l feel so much better just knowing what is happening. Your physio sounds really nice.

good news too about the range of movement, hopefully the pain wil follow in time too.

Love

Toni xx
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Has anyone had this magnetic thing that looks like a lamp that doesn't glow treatment? How have you find it?
    Also.... Why is it always the day after physio I'm in agony and my physio appt is never on a bad day (physically) for her to see the extent of it? Lol although I do feel she understands how I feel.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    HI Mel,

sounds like there is a plan in place, which is good. Physio works muscles harder than they are used, so pain the next day isn't unusual. Do mention it to the physio though at your next appointment (she might ease up bit.)

Worth asking when they use a treatment on you what it's called ie "magnetic thing that looks like a lamp that doesn't glow treatment" and then you can google it once home.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Just been on google and I think it may actually be ultrasound not magnetic lol.