Low back pain

Options
liesa
liesa Member Posts: 821
edited 24. Jul 2011, 05:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
i was in an accident 2 years ago a bus hit our car i was a passenger...
we have finally just this week been sorted with insurance claim...

but my back has healed completely there was nothing seriously wront thank goodness but muscle spasms that went on for a long long while... i had physio from a private PT for 5 sessions and she also foung the 'spot' where my back was absolutely agony!!! i didnt have back pain before and ths pain now is nothing to do with the crash... i saw my Dr yesterday for pain in both calves (lost my mum to DVT now we know the symptoms but didnt 15 years ago) anyway went to get check up and the Dr suggested this was coming from nerves in my back... he examined my back and he made me scream out loud!!
sacroiliac/lumber area so painful to even touch hat area, have just gently applied my aloe vera heat lotions and its soothed it... the Dr wants to see if it setles on its own if not he said an MRI scan which i said i cannot do due to the small space had done before and i panic, so he thinks its nerve damage... anyone know about lower backs and nerve damage??
love and hugs
8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png

Comments

• Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry Liesa can't help but just wanted to say am thinking of you and hope you can get it sorted, I get Sacroilitis with my AS and not nice. Can't they knock you out for the MRI, I understand your fears I had one years ago and only just made it I was nervous wreck when came out.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you let us know how you get on. xxx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • liesa
    Options
    thankyou, xxxx
    love and hugs
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Leisa

l have had lower back issues :sad:

Had back surgery in the end as there was a small fracture and bulging discs which were 70% out and stayed that way grrrrr!!!

Now you DO get pain in your legs sometimes as the nerves can get damaged or pressed on from inflammation in your back. Discs/worn vertebrae etc.

I have only one concern...if you have not had an MRI...how do you REALLY know the issue isn't really part of that original accident??

Love

Toni xx

PS they might be able to sedate you for an MRI???

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • liesa
    Options
    Hi Toni...
    dont think the pain i felt in my back was ever taken seriously, i was actually paid the compensation on thursday.. after 2 years and 3 months... the first time the pain was noted was by the physiotherapist that the bus company paid for she could barely do anything as it was so painful... the dr who saw me for insurance purposes on the bus company side was brilliant, but the one who was on 'our side' was awful.. his first sentence 'Mrs Saunders is grossly overweight' this upset me so much i actually asked the solicitor to ask the dr to change it... it took 3 months and even then he wrote 'mrs saunders is overweight' sorry did my weight have any bearings on the bus driver driving into my car at a junction to which we had right of way??? and did i ask for his opinion of my weight???

My DR i think will take it more seriously... he wanted me to have mri but im to scared so i wont but i will do anything else like CT scan etc

Thanks Toni xx
    love and hugs
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi leise

You poor thing :evil makes me so angry when they bring weight into it...that is just biggotist isn't it? and prejudice :evil

Would they put Mr So-and-so is average weight???? No!

Anyway you do you very best to get some tests done....theer are some which you dont need to be totally trapped inside a machine for. and let us know how it goes.

Love

Toni xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hello Liesa,

I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge about back pain but I read you're worried about an MRI scan. I was wondering if it was possible for you to have one and be strongly sedated? Is this an option for you? It would be useful for you and the dr to know exactly what's going on in order to help you. I do understand that the fear is strong though. I can assure you it's not so bad though. ((((hugs)))) x
  • liesa
    Options
    Thanks Toni xx
    love and hugs