Never known tiredness like this..

Options
traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 26. Jul 2011, 15:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yesterday was a blur..
I woke about half 7.. OH told me to go back to sleep, get some rest as we were going to mother in laws for curry..Dozed back off and woke at half ten..
Didn't feel with it, eyes were so heavy, so OH ran me a bath so i could freshen up.. was such an effort to get changed and to try and look presentable lol.. by 12 i was dozing off again on the sofa... Oh woke me and told me to go to bed.. straight away i was gone with the fairies again.. woke at half 3, ready to be picked up at 4,OH took one look at me and said i looked awful and should go back to bed..So Oh and kids went to mother in laws and i went back to bed.. dozed on and off till about half 9 then slept through till 8 this morning..
Am feeling better today, joints are just achy but am able to walk without my sticks today and have done 2 loads of washing..how bizzare... :???: :lol:
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you feeling better today, fatigue can be awful sometimes just need to sleep no matter where or when. X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • Melrymax
    Melrymax Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Gals today has been a good day for you. Perhaps your body is giving you a kick up the backside and telling you to rest more :)
  • traluvie
    Options
    I don't know how I could rest anymore lol. I hardly do anything as it is. . Was lovely to be able to move around and give my oh a break from some of the chores lol. He was very hungover and deserved a lazy day . . Lol
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I fully understand where you are coming from. I have recently had a few days of being totally exhausted and nodding off at the drop of a hat. I spoke to my doctor about it and that didnt really help as I ended up not being able to sleep due to him changing my meds. I was not impressed so I went back on the normal doses and felt better (no aches and pains). I still feel heavy eyed sometimes but I think that is because I am not doing anything instead of doing lots of things. I am determined to beat this sleepiness.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Trace

Blimey a sleeping marathon!!

Glad it has paid off for you and you are back to your usual self. Wonder if it was a flare or a virus or something? I suppose we will never know.

l do not blame you for making hay while the sun shines :grin:

Love

toni xx
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi Tracey, don't worry too much about this, it's happened to me a few times, you just have to give in and go with it. I don't know why it happens but I think it could be our illnesses just get too much for us sometimes and the only way our bodies can deal with it is to sleep. I've been feeling like I've had all the energy, such as it is, sucked out of me this week, I'm not tired or in any more pain than usual, just woke up on Monday feeling like it and it has lasted all week, I've tried taking it easy but I don't feel any better, I'm wondering if this miserable weather has anything to do with it, I'm just hoping this week will be better as I'm going out with my daughter, daughter-in-law and 5 kids to a wildlife park in Broxbourne, I want to be able to enjoy time with the kids, but the girls are good, they look after me and make sure I don't overdo it. I'm glad you felt better the next day, hope it keeps up for you.

Sue x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I have just had 2 days of that this week, i am flaring and have learnt to just go with it. Glad you had a good day after. I think its the bodies way of dealing with the inflammation. Our immune systems are working overtime, even when we are not!
  • traluvie
    Options
    It certainly does take over you and you have no control..
    Had something similar month or so ago, where i did feel very tires and slept for a good few hours in afternoon without feeling refreshed after, so i am assuming it is the part of rthritis..

Sue hope your feeling better this week, weather has been lovely today, lets hope it contunues to shine..
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it awfull when this happens nothing you can do but sleep i think it all the effort even the simplest tasks takes it catches up with us from time to time like some one stuck big needle in and sapped all the energy out it awfull but does pass fighting it just causes it to last longer hugs val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning tracey

You obviously needed all that sleep, I hope you are much better today.

I also have odd days when I can not keep my eyes open. Feel a little like that today but I am soooo expecting it as I have just come back off holiday. (if you're up to it will you do my washing pleeeeeease)

It is so frustrating when you have to keep going to bed and get back up feeling worse than when you went.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • traluvie
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    Morning tracey

You obviously needed all that sleep, I hope you are much better today.

I also have odd days when I can not keep my eyes open. Feel a little like that today but I am soooo expecting it as I have just come back off holiday. (if you're up to it will you do my washing pleeeeeease)

It is so frustrating when you have to keep going to bed and get back up feeling worse than when you went.
    Take care
    Juliepf x

How was your holiday luvie?? hope you had nice time..If i lived closer i would certainly come round and do your washing.. i feel ok today so i happey lol.. wish everyday was like this..xx You take care and don't do too much..x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tracey

I had a lovely holiday thankyou for asking and I have now done most of the washing. :grin: Just one more load that will be done tomorrow :smile:

Glad that you are having quite a good day, I have my fingers crossed for you that it lasts a few weeks. Just remember to rest a little :grin:
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • traluvie
    Options
    Glad you had good holiday. Done good with all that washing. . You be careful you don't over do it. . . The good run is already over lol. Never lasts for long but i'm still smiling lol. Having lazy day today as I promised kids I would treat them up town tom. . Might even treat myself for a change lol. X
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi how you feeling today hope it better val
    val
  • traluvie
    Options
    You could be right Del...
    I know it's associated with the arthur somehow as it not something i experienced before...
    Just something we learn to live with..
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Hiya Tracy
    i kept nodding off all over the place never felt tiredness like this before... but seeing my dr a few weeks back for medication for my joints yet again and he remarked that a blood test i had had in march had shown i was anaemic, so he ordered new tests, and last week they came back that i was anaemic so now im on 2 tablets aday and i know its early days yet but i havent nodded off nowhere near as much
    maybe your anaemic????
    surely its not normal to be as tired as this??? one thing you must definately have needed the sleep xxxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • traluvie
    Options
    Leisa..

I do have what they call megoblastic anemia , which is a folate defficiency, was diagnosed about month ago.. now take folate tablets..
    Could be a bit of arthur and anemia mixed together..great lol..
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    oh gawd Tracy like we dont have enough to deal with xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png