Spammers!!!!!!

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 24. Jul 2011, 07:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
The spammers seem to be getting out of control this weekend.
Can the mods not do anything about it as it stops genuine posters from getting a look in, they keep being pushed down the list.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    morning daylilly
    I have just noticed this, I have never seen it this bad, wonder if they have nothing better to do... :x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Melrymax
    Melrymax Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Morning.
    I was about to post sOmethng similar! I am getting bored of reporting them!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Don't think the mods can do much to be honest....it's a techie issue :roll:

Think we should ask Webby to help????

we need better filters
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    We certainly need something doing frogmorton.
    I'm not sure who 'webby' is but it's worth a try.
    I have never seen it this bad on any other forum site or on here for that matter.
    There should be a button we can press to delete them ourselves, or send them back where they came from.!!!!!!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    The webmanager has explained quite a few times about the spammers and why they cannot be filtered out before they get to post their rubbish on the forum.

It is a bore to report them but I can well imagine that it is even more of a bore for the mods to have go through whatever procedure they have to do to get rid of them.

I am sure the webmanager would be pleased to hear from any forum member who would like to put their name forward to be considered as a moderator. :smile:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.