Feeling awful

Options
cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
edited 26. Jul 2011, 16:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Last night I think my drugs finally turned on me :(
I was incredibly ill and feel awful that I had to leave my hubby to sort it all out.
My current cocktail of drugs have been giving me terrible constipation but I'm used to that and thought nothing off feeling a bit under the weather last night. Hubby had organised a rare meal out and so I put on a posh frock (suitably long to cover the swollen knees) and he wished me off to town. Lovely meal , hilarious pompous idiot on the adjacent table and all was going well til about 10pm when I started to get sharp pains in my stomach. Grab hubby and a taxi and go home. Dispatch the baby sitter with a smile all the while thinking I feel a bit rough I really must lie down.
Go to the bathroom next minute I'm passed out on the floor being very very sick :(
Turns out rich food, constipation and meds do't like each other at all.
Husband was great and sorted me and the bathroom right out
I'm now lying in bed feeling very battered and sore all over , falling on the floor hurts especially with my rotten joints. I'm also a bit nervous as to reintroducing meds as I really don't want to be that I'll again. I'm pretty sure that it's the TB meds that I'm taking prior to the anti-tnf as the do warn of vomiting but I know I can't stop taking them, so i've just missed one dose and will be limiting food to the very plain variety
I am praying for my body to just play ball for one day and give me a break because this is all making me very miserable :(
Chrissie

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Chrissie, that's a real bummer. I remember you writing that the anti-TB meds would probably make you sick but I guess you didn't expect them to ruin your evening so spectacularly. I'm glad your husband rose to the occasion and sorted everything out.

I think when stomachs play up everything feels bad, and that's without any joint problems and without a body that's hit the floor hard. Is there anything you can take to minimise the sickness? I think you still have a few weeks of the meds to go, don't you? And you're holding down a job too. I don't know how you do it but I'm very impressed.

No advice. Just a great deal of sympathy and a hope that it will get easier.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    What a shame, I hope you are feeling better today. I can understand you not wanting to take the meds again. It is so tough at times, it all feels too much.

Have alovely day today. x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Chrissie

I'm so sorry your night out ended like that......fantastic that your husband
    was about to sort you out and look after you.....I dont know what to say apart from sending you ((((())))))
    How long to you have to take the tabs for?

Love
    Hileena
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Chrissy,

So sorry to read about you being so ill when you were only trying to enjoy a night out. Are you sure it was the tablets?? Food poisoning can happen just as quickly .. that sound similiar to what happened to my SIL. Perhaps a check up with the docs ??
    Hope you are feeling much better today?
    Good Hubby you got there :grin:
    Take care (((((hugs)))) to both as good hubbies deserve a hug too! :lol:

Rose x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Chrissie

What a shame. A lovely evening arranged by hubby and then you pass out on the bathroom floor. I do hope that you are feeling better today. Sods law isn't it, having a lovely time then being really ill. Let us know how you are feeling today.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    As the others have said, what a shame to spoil a lovely evening like that. I hope you are a little better today.

I think I'd ask the doctor about the likely cause, as food poisoning can be sudden and fierce, but I can understand that you blame the drugs. Maybe an opinion from the GP would make you feel more knowledgable about the cause which will help you know what you should be doing and put your mind at rest. Glad you didn't break anything or cut yourself when you fell. :wink:

Look after yourself and let your hubby and family help, until you feel better. Iexpect you will feel a bit off for a while, tummy things do tend to take a while to settle, as long as you are drinking thats fine, eating will come with time! I remember driving my husband back from Cornwall to Oxford via just about every loo!!! Love and loads of get well wishes, from Suexxxx (()))
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Thanks everybody , still feeling a bit rough but have battled through a day at work. Have limited what drugs I'm taking to ease the tummy problems and have been careful with what I'm eating, whilst flushing out my system with loads of water.
    Felt a lot better today after getting a big hug from a good friend who said they could see I needed one from the other side of the room :grin:
    Still feeling fragile and will keep an eye on things if they don't settle I guess I'll be off to the gps again. I'm just sick of the sight of medical personel thanks to weekly monitoring + hospital appts + gp appts , so relying on hubby giving me a quick check over + a good dose of common sense :shock:
    Chrissie
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Just wanted to send you big hugs ((((x)))) hope you feel better soon
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Chrissie

Just read your post and oh you poor thing, having such a lovely evening be spoilt. Poor hubby too, but I am sure he didn't mind at all.
    I am pleased to read that you are now feeling a little better and are taking things steady on the medicine front.
    How nice of your friend too to notice you needed a hug. (that would have made me cry, bet you were cholked too)

Take care and I hope today is a good one for you
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Chrissie

bless you how abslutely AWFUL :x I am so sorry.

Poor you and poor hubby. So glad you are a good bit better and that you have such a good kind and observant friend :grin:

Love and hugs

Toni xx (mashed potatoes white fish and peas)
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    aww thats not nice... we went out for an indian with friends saturday half way through i felt my tummy gurgle and i got panicky, very ladylike didnt finish the meal... lol but thankfully managed to keep going... even went back to their home for a cuppa thankfully my stomach behaved... lol

((hugs))
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hope things are settling down for you chrissie.

Marion