podiatrist

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 24. Jul 2011, 16:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,have got appointment to see about feet,very sore at the moment.I really want to wear some nice shoes but know that my feet will pay for it,appointment is august 9th hope they dont have to play about with feet too much apart from pain just hate having my feet touched.
By the way isotona gloves are great they really help hands,i have been wearing them through the night too.Mig

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mig
    Remind me and i'll be in your pocket.....good luck

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Mig

will be back from France in time to come and join you.

Hileena and l will see to it they don't muck about with your feet too much :wink:

Love

Toni xx

PS thrilled the gloves help so much. next time you see anyone who has access to an OT you could check whether you can have some on the NHS??

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    Options
    Thanks for the tip,didnt know you could get things like that. Mig
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Mig, yes you can get the isotoners on NHS..
    I went to Orthotics last week & there making me a properly fitted glove.I was measured for it & have to go back on 12th Aug so make sure its fitted right. I have a pair that a good friend of mine sent me & they really help plus you can wear a splint over them & wear them in bed (Minus the splint)
    I was refered by my OT for them, you dont pay a prescription charge & the price in the book for mine was £140 :shock: just for one :shock:
    debs
  • mig
    Options
    Thanks Deb ,i dont as yet see an ot but will talk to my rhummy nurse ,shes the one who referred me to podiatrists.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hi Mig,

Orthotics make my surgical shoes but I know they also deal with insoles and shoes which, while not being made to measure, are more comfortable for problem feet. They may want to measure your feet at certain points but I think what they're most likely to do is ask you to stand in a box of oasis-like stuff (That you put flowers in) as this helps them take an imprint of your foot. I could, however, be completely wrong. Hope it goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi ...Its so long ago that I first saw a physio or an OT I'm not sure thgat this is right but....can you not self refer to an OT??

Love
    Hileena