lot on my plate

Options
nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 25. Jul 2011, 11:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, hope you're all having a better time in this long awaited better weather. Just wanted to let you know I may not be around much. My stepdaughters baby is due any day and she has to go to her half-brothers funeral, plus my OH just heard yesterday his adopted sister had died ( she was born disabled and had other health problems) but it wasn't something we expected, she was only 38. It's going to be difficult to sort it all out as we can't be in 2 places at once, so I'm a bit stressed at the moment. Also have my daughter and 3 kids coming to stay for 2 days. We live in the middle of hertfordshire and the sister lived at the far end of Kent (Ramsgate) so there will be lots of driving and running around, not really what we need, especially during the school hols. Any suggestions for coping withthis will be gratefully received. Thanks,

Sue x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi sue it not going to be easy but you daughter needs you at the moment that for sure so do what you need to when you need to good luck val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Doesnt everything happen at once.....your daughter needs you....no doubt about it.
    Thanks for letting us know...so if you disappear we know why and that you'll be back

Love
    Hilrena
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    So sorry to read your news Sue. This is very sad news and you have to be supportive to the best of your ability, which I know is very difficult with arthers pains. I think you will need to get through one funeral first, then husband sorts out the funeral arrangements in Kent for his sister? Does your step daughter have support if the baby suddenly arrives? Will she understand that her dad might not be around because he has lost his sister ands need to be elsewhere?

It will be nice to have your daughter and grandchildren to stay and an extra pair of hands. I hope they will help you get through this.

Hope you cope okay Sue.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Thanks for your messages.
    Elizabeth - my daughter will have her partner with her when the baby comes, but she wanted me as well and OH was going to look after kids, but if he's not here I will have to have the kids and she will have to manage without me. I won't be able to go to Kent for the funeral as I'm needed here, so that means OH will have to cope on his own, but he does have his other adopted sister who lives down there who will do most of the organising but she has 3 children under 10 to cope with as well, so it will be difficult all round.

Sue x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Gosh Sue
    I just want to say I really do feel for you,dont forget you can only do so much and cant be everywhere at the same time.
    Sending you loads of hugs ((((((()))))) and I really do hope that it all works out for you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Sue

You have everything happening at once don't you. You must be so confused as to what to do first. I just wanted to say that my thought's are with you and hubby. And I am sending hugs of comfort for you.

It is understandable we wont be seeing you here much, but just remember, if everything gets on top, just have a good rant on here and we will do everything we can to help.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi sue

I am stuck for words, so I will just say I am thinking of you and all your family.

Take care
    love juliepf x