DLA Claim - what do I do? :o(

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 26. Jul 2011, 11:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can anyone tell me what I should do?

I have got a DLA claim from 2004 to 2014 for my deafness.

I have been told I should apply for DLA for my coalition of my joints in my midfoot and arthritis in my big toes.

Should I claim for my feet problems, as I may be at risk of loosing my whole claim?

If I should, what kind of evidence should I get? :???:

I am very confused and getting down. My family are not helping.

My feet problems do stop me from doing things, I have not been able to climb, sail or windsurf for the last year and I did do those activities everyday! These were my things that I lived for. :cry:

Comments

• sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Forgot to say, nothing has changed about my deafness. In fact it has got worse but I know what the DLA people can be like with refusing claims. That is why I am worried about applying for my feet because I know they will look at the whole claim. :cry:
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hmm it's difficult, isn't it? I was getting DLA for other health issues before I was diagnosed with RA. I decided against telling them even though I need more help. I was scared I would lose what I was already getting. You are meant to inform them of any changes but in reality, it can be a risk. Sorry this wasn't very helpful. They do have a disability advice line that you can call for anonymous advice though.
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    I totally understand that you are scared of losing your DLA altogether if you inform them of a change, its such a shame that people feel this way and in reality need much more help than they are getting. Its such a tough decision to make. Sorry I am not much help but I hope you get some good advice and everything goes well for you.
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Sailrib

gosh a tricky one this one isn't it?

My guess is it depends what rate your DLA is set at anyway and if you would be likely in real terms to get more by reapplying or as you so rightly fear they take the whole lot away....they are so strict these days. :sad:

I would guess if you are unable to walk at all...it might be worth it???

Me??? I would be off to CAB to take some advice before taking any risks.

Love

Toni xx